Fieldshier Titanium Air 3 Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
Thanks to Knifemakers suggestion (Thank You!), I ordered the titanium air 2 pants from kneedraggers.com. Apparently they don't make those any more, so they offered me the new model "3" for the same price.

So I got them and these truly have more mesh than I have ever seen on pants. I will post some pics tonight, forget cf card at home.

The pants fit about 1 size large, I'm usually a 33-34 with 30 inch inseem. I ordered the 32's which fit me perfectly, even with my short inseem. The kneepads feel good, and they don't seem to roll around a lot like I have experienced with other mesh pants.

Only negatives are

1. I hope that mesh is strong, because there is a lot of it! There are high rated (I think 1680) panels on the knees, arse, and hips.

2. No waterproof liner. There is a quilted insert that will be great for cool mornings.

Now, I would have liked to try them out today, but it was 40 degrees this morning and raining, and I just didn't think mesh was going to work.... :cold:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I would have liked to try them out today, but it was 40 degrees this morning and raining, and I just didn't think mesh was going to work.... :cold:
Wussy!

I don't even own a pair of non-mesh pants, and the liners don't go in until it drops below 35F.

:)

Seriously, try a light pair of rain pants over the mesh. Blocking the wind is the key for warmth. I can wear one layer under the mesh with liner and rain overpants, and be good all the way down to 16F.

Thanks to Knifemakers suggestion (Thank You!), I ordered the titanium air 2 pants from kneedraggers.com. Apparently they don't make those any more, so they offered me the new model "3" for the same price.
So I got them and these truly have more mesh than I have ever seen on pants. I will post some pics tonight, forget cf card at home.

The pants fit about 1 size large, I'm usually a 33-34 with 30 inch inseem. I ordered the 32's which fit me perfectly, even with my short inseem. The kneepads feel good, and they don't seem to roll around a lot like I have experienced with other mesh pants.

Only negatives are

1. I hope that mesh is strong, because there is a lot of it! There are high rated (I think 1680) panels on the knees, arse, and hips.

2. No waterproof liner. There is a quilted insert that will be great for cool mornings.

Keith,

I assume that you are going to wear these without street clothes under for max ventilation?

I think that may be why they are sized big, so you can fit your work clothes on under.

So I got them and these truly have more mesh than I have ever seen on pants. I will post some pics tonight, forget cf card at home. .................

Hey, you are welcome. Told ya so...

I never wore any liners or anything under my pants, on "cool" mornings just wear warmer pants. Toss the mesh ones in the saddlebag if I really think I will need it. (yes I diid say I don't wear "anything" under my mesh pant...TMI.... sorry)

As mentioned, I did take the hip pads out..they were just to uncomfortable..hoping the T-3 pant improved there?

KM

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts