Finally Back - Time to Farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulldog9

Reaction score
Well, I've been back from Iraq for a week or so and finally got over to my buddies house who secured my latest FJR for me, a beautiful 2005 non ABS Model. Bike looks great overall, and I cant wait to start digging into it & riding.

My short list of stuff to do:

- Fresh Golden Spectro & Air Filter

- Backoff or Hyperlites in the rear

- Side Panels off to paint

- Toothbrush Grade Cleaning & Wax

The bike has some farkles the jury is out on, first to come off are the risers and techmount (fork tube). It also has a CeeBailey shield that looks too big for me, but the ride will decide. Once I get it legal, I will go for some rides and decide if I want to put the stock back on.

Here is my question, The previous owner had the Yamaha Corbin seat installed, but not with backrest. I really want to add the backrest. Everywhere I look, I see the seat listed, and the note that says "passenger backrest sold separately" but no listing for this backrest. Has anyone added this? Does this Yamaha/Corbin seat have the internal bracket for the backrest?

Thanks guys, will keep you posted.

P.S. Yes, I know am working on PICS.............. :dribble:

Congrats on the new bike :clapping: and Thank You for your service to our country! The sacrifices you and your fellow soldiers make are sincerely appreciated by those of us who love our freedom.

+1 on Old Bear's thanks for service to our country. We all owe more than we can ever repay to all of you who have served in this war. I am glad you are back and I am sure you will enjoy the FJR. Ride safe.

:clapping: Sorry, can't help you with farkle or parts but I do want to say I'm glad your back safe soldier. thanks :thumbsup: