Finally Finished. Carbon Fiber panels.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I had a little accident last fall that put a crack in my front fender. Rather than buying a new one or patching and respraying, I decided to wrap it in Carbon Fiber. Once I saw how good it looked I thought it would be nice to do a couple other pieces around the bike.

Since I do this for a living, I figured having a little bit of a show case on my bike and car would be a good idea, but this spring I got a little carried away.

It took forever getting everything to fit right, matching the weave, and making sure my hardcases would still fit and not bang it all up, but here we go! I really should have just stopped with the Fender and underseat piece. Well, at least its one of a kind. I'm starting to think now about respraying the rest of the body panels bright red to contrast the Carbon.

BikeCarbon3.jpg

BikeCarbon4.jpg

BikeCarbon2.jpg

BikeCarbon1.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Very tasty indeed! (As an aside, while I hear what you're saying about painting the remaining body panels red, I think all that CF would look really spectacular against the Granite Gray of the '08 AE with a few gold anodized accents. Think Ohlins fork.)

So, is this bike going to be at NAFO..?

A bit confused on what I'm looking at. Are they actual CF pieces or is it stock tupperware wrapped in real or fake CF?

Looky real nice :clapping:

I have been considering using the carbon fiber vinyl sheets for a couple of the panels on my AE. (Don't think I have the requisite skillset to do the real deal!).

Seeing your pics confirm I wanna do this, but do it right.

Let us know when your website is ready for online ordering...