First Cold Ride W/CB+4+3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Well, gave the new windscreen a good test on a 44 degree morning here in N. VA and gotta say I was underwhelmed! First the obligatory - 5'10" w/31" inseam. The screen does look good on the bike, looks like it was made for it - wait a minute, it was! Well made and fit exactly right. With the screen full up I still look over the top by a couple of inches (I have D&D risers also) and don't have any problems looking at the split. Wind hits the top of my helmet and reduces the noise over the stock considerably and the "bobble" is just about zippo - much better than stock. But, I was surprised at how much wind I got on my back (some push forward, again not as much as stock)- was hoping for less (yes, I did tilt the screen back - 2 x 3/8" nylon spacers w/1 x steel washer on each end). Don't know what the degree of tilt is, but it's just short of that point where at full up the mechanism arms push on the dashboard (originally had 2 x washers on each end and it did shove the dashboard in at full up). At slower speeds, 50 and under, it's great, very quiet and minimal wind. Overall I'd give it a 7/10...good tune and you can dance to it!