First Gear Mesh Tex pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
Have been looking for some affordable mesh pants for warmer weather and these seem to be pretty good although, there is some sacrifice in the amount and quality of protection. I guess they can be worn alone or over shorts or I suppose even over jeans if I get them a size larger. Anyone have any good or bad things to say about them?

I have them and have ridden for the last three years? I think anyway. With the added water/windproof liner they are an excellent choice for hot weather. I even wear them in Ca. for 9 or 10 months a year, usually until the rains start. I like them over tourmaster but its just one opinion.

They're great...good air flow...heavy duty zippers. You may want to upgrade the knee and hip armor.

I have some firstgear HT air overpants. Good pants except the zipper (fly) completely broke 2nd season. Because of that I wouldn't recommend.

had mine just over a year now.

zipper pull on jacket broke last summer zipper is fine just the pull broke

wind/rain liner for pants works well but snaps at ankle cuffs all broke except one on each leg. doesn't effect operation though.

they are great in hot weather with shorts and a t-shirt but the hardware seems to be on the cheap side.