First Ride of the Season

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerspop

Reaction score
Taking the wife on abelated Mothers day and ontime Fathers day trip from SLC to Bryce Canyon. About 5 hours on the main roads but will likely take much longer on more scenic routes. Very excited as this will be the first overnight trip since we bought the bike and drove back from California.

Staying in the 100+ year old lodge inside the park on the advice, although second hand, from Neil Peart who loved it so much he stayed additional nights.

Hopefully will be posting pics.

One of my favorite places. Jenny and I will be there, again, in a couple of weeks. We like it so much we are staying over an extra day as well.

Very cool. I'd love to do something like that. Be sure and post pics on your return.

Have a great time!

Are you riding 2-up? If so, as a suggestion, Mrs. BG wears a camera around her neck on a lanyard and takes pictures while we're riding. Since I'm busy driving, and she likes taking pictures, this works out well for us and results in us having lots of pictures when we go riding.

Don't believe me? Check out my ride reports...

Have a fun trip, and ride safe!

BG

Same thing we do. Last year, Jenny took 3200 pics over 2 and a half weeks. She made about 400 of them into a 5 part DVD set with music. It's great to plug it into the big screen in the middle of winter and re-live fun times past, and dream of fun times to come.

Have a great time!
Are you riding 2-up? If so, as a suggestion, Mrs. BG wears a camera around her neck on a lanyard and takes pictures while we're riding. Since I'm busy driving, and she likes taking pictures, this works out well for us and results in us having lots of pictures when we go riding.

Don't believe me? Check out my ride reports...

Have a fun trip, and ride safe!

BG

Great idea, I just worry that she will somehow find a way to drop it even though it is strapped around her neck. Planning on stopping often to enjoy the trip just as much as the destination.

Take some warm gear. I found that one hand on the bars and one held as close as possible to the engine worked OK. Alternate every 30 seconds.

th_DSCN0269.jpg

Between Bryce Canyon and Tropic.

Pictures of the trip hopefully this turns out as I have not posted photos before.

th_DSCN0267.jpg

Bridge on the way to the Mossy Cave

th_DSCN0195.jpg

Outside of Inspiration Point

th_DSCN0177.jpg

Cool shot

th_DSCN0026.jpg

At Big Rock Candy Mountain

th_DSCN0013.jpg

Good looking bike in front of my grandfather's grade school in Elsinore Utah.

th_Tree.jpg

My favorite shot even though no motorcycle...

th_DSCN0321.jpg

In front of a lot of chairs at the Manti LDS temple

So we drove the entire way down to Bryce Canyon, through rain, traffic, junk on the road, etc. Everytime my wife gets on or off the bike she asks if I am ready, to steady the bike and we do great. We finally pull up to the lodge registration and she jumps off and over goes the bike :angry: Luckily the slider did its job, very slight scratch on the mirror and the bag is a little damaged but other than that pretty minimal. She says I am sorry, I'll pay for it". Uhm how does that work?

Other than that we had a great trip and very sore butts on the way home.