First SW-FJR Meeting for me and the Wife

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in Phoenix

Reaction score
Taos - September - Great rides - What's not to like? So the wife & I will attend our first FJR Owner's Group affair. We just confirmed our room and Cheryl says we pay for the banquet when we register. She also had good things to say about the group. Arriving the afternoon of the 16th from Arizona.

Ride Safe, Jim & Marie

Jim in Phoenix: Very glad to hear you and your wife will be able to make SW-FOG, it will be a lot of great fun, laughs and fantastic motorcycle rides. If you need any more information on this Sunday 7/11 ride up to Payson for Brunch at the Crosswinds Airport Grille: [email protected] cell: 480-440-4666 IBR / IBA Champion Greg "SkooterG" Marbach will be signing personal autographs!

QUOTE: "Chris, Welcome to the club. I am also a "new" FJR owner and live in Desert Ridge area of Phoenix. I just made reservations for the SW-FOG Rally in Taos, NM for 9-16 to 9-19. So far, 5,000 miles on the FJR, averaging ~48 MPG, and 1000 smiles per mile."

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be my first FJR rally, too. My wife is not too excited about motorcycles, but I think she may make the drive from Denver in the cage. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folk. For now, I'm headed off to OR, MT, WY for the next week then on to the TOR rally in Paonia before returning home.

It'll be my first FJR rally, too. My wife is not too excited about motorcycles, but I think she may make the drive from Denver in the cage. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fine folk. For now, I'm headed off to OR, MT, WY for the next week then on to the TOR rally in Paonia before returning home.
Welcome Aboard, Bob; you and your wife will have a great time at SW-FOG! Say, my Son Seth and I will be in Oregon from Wednesday 7/14 through Wednesday 7/21. If you wanted to rendezvous: Our cell phone number is 480-440-4666 and our laptop with Wi-Fi e-mail is [email protected] I love the Top of the Rockies BMW Rally in Paonia, Colorado; been to Paonia many, many times!!!

Well, the wife has decided that work is more important than Taos. So now to plan B. I will be riding from Phoenix to lakeside where I have a townhoue, then to Taos on the 15th (Wednesday). If anyone from the Phoenix area is interested in company, and my route, please let me know and we will get together to set plan B in place.

Probably a good thing if the wives don't go to your first with ya.. You are going to see some pretty nasty goings on with Beemerdons, Zilla, patch,BigD, and several others.. Alcohol,Nudity, Animals, Nude animals,Group anus shaving... :eek:

Best you witness this stuff alone, and after you recover, let the wife decide if the rally was worth the price of the mental health professionals..

Just a heads up. ;)

:jester:

Well, the wife has decided that work is more important than Taos. So now to plan B. I will be riding from Phoenix to lakeside where I have a townhoue, then to Taos on the 15th (Wednesday). If anyone from the Phoenix area is interested in company, and my route, please let me know and we will get together to set plan B in place.
Jim in Phoenix: Send a private message to Big-D, I believe Dan is riding over to Taos on Wednesday also. Dan lives in Lake Havasu City, AZ; he will probably meet you up on I-40.