FirstGear Denali Touring Jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Well, I'm getting all my ducks in a row for the big trip to NAFO (and the MAYBE trip up through western Canada and southern Alaska) ... the bike is getting all of the remaining farkles installed, tuneup, etc.

I have two jackets: an Alpinestars ICE leather jacket and a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0.

My quandry is which one do I wear on the trip? After much ado, reading tea leaves and looking at bug splats on my helmet, I have elected to take none of them. So.........

I spend an eternity looking at all the jackets at our friends, NewEnough.com and..... (drum roll, please!):

FirstGear Denali Textile Touring Jacket

• Outer shell made of 500 denier nylon Hypertex
  • Water-resistant leather patched shoulders and elbows
  • Internal 100% waterproof/breathable membrane
  • Removable, fully-insulated thermal liner with wind-blocking neoprene cuffs
  • C.E. approved armor in shoulders and elbows
  • EVA foam back pad
  • 2 horizontal chest air vents with waterproof zippers
  • Vertical exhaust vent at center back for maximum air flow
  • Double-stitched seams for increased strength
  • 2-way, heavy-duty YKK zippered jacket closure
  • 2 front pockets with welded, waterproof zippers
  • 2 front envelope flap pockets with hook-and-loop closures
  • Internal mobile phone pocket
  • Adjustable waist tabs with hook and loop closure
  • 10" jacket to pant zipper includes matching, sew-in zipper for your pant
grey.jpg

good choice! bought one from them a few months ago with matching pants and wore it yesterday for first time.

In my case, because the climate here is pretty mild compared to you guys who live in the "big snow", I couldn't justify the expense of a coat double in cost. The one I really wanted was the First Gear Rainier jacket, but again, a little too costly. Like I said, in the summer here, I wear the Phoenix 4.0. And during the remaining time, I mostly wear the Alpinestar jacket (especially when I'm riding the ZX14). Also, I'm kind of a fair weather rider. Pouring rain is the time that my nice, warm dry car is available.

Another good point about the Denali is the front pockets are vertical... making it very easy to reach in versus horizontal pockets which are a pain in the butt.

We'll see you all at NAFO. Ride safe!

Last edited by a moderator: