Fit a 07 Top case on a 03 base?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berde

Reaction score
:dribble: Has anybody tried this before?. Am I nuts in trying to attemp this? I have a 2007 Top case but the base will not go on my 2003 FJR. I was thinking about buying a gen I base to put the 2007 trunk, or making a custom bracket to fit the 2007 base. Any ideas?......

:dribble: Has anybody tried this before?. Am I nuts in trying to attemp this? I have a 2007 Top case but the base will not go on my 2003 FJR. I was thinking about buying a gen I base to put the 2007 trunk, or making a custom bracket to fit the 2007 base. Any ideas?......
i thought the only difference was the color of the top half of the box. i'm supprised they changed the attachment design, it works great for me.

cadman

You know that 2 holes have to be drilled into the rear cowl.......right????