FJ13 Stealth Backrest: Any FJ's Near Asheville, NC?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate1

Reaction score
As most of you probably know, I'm working on our LAST backrest project.. a Stealth Backrest for the 06-08 FJ1300. Just yesterday I picked up the first prototype and it looks great for the first attempt. If all goes well I'll have them on the market by early summer.

The reason I'm checking in is I've run into a minor prob and I need some help.. As with every backrest we design, I need hands-on to the bike. Ordinarily I buy a bike and work around it, but I can't get my hands on an 08.. Have called multiple dealers and nobody has one so bascially.. I'm dead in the water until..

A. A bike comes in that I can buy..they tell me late Feb...

B. I can find an FJ13 owner near our shop here in Asheville, NC to help us..

At the moment I can get by with a rider just stopping in for about 20 minutes so we could look over his/her bike to get a few measurements..

Is there anyone here that may be in my area? I'll make it worth while...Thx all and sorry it took so long to get where we are on this. The last project took twice as long as expected.. The FJ version should go quickly..

Last edited by a moderator:
As most of you probably know, I'm working on our LAST backrest project.. a Stealth Backrest for the 06-08 FJ1300. Just yesterday I picked up the first prototype and it looks great for the first attempt. If all goes well I'll have them on the market by early summer.
The reason I'm checking in is I've run into a minor prob and I need some help.. As with every backrest we design, I need hands-on to the bike. Ordinarily I buy a bike and work around it, but I can't get my hands on an 08.. Have called multiple dealers and nobody has one so bascially.. I'm dead in the water until..

A. A bike comes in that I can buy..they tell me late Feb...

B. I can find an FJ13 owner near our shop here in Asheville, NC to help us..

At the moment I can get by with a rider just stopping in for about 20 minutes so we could look over his/her bike to get a few measurements..

Is there anyone here that may be in my area? I'll make it worth while...Thx all and sorry it took so long to get where we are on this. The last project took twice as long as expected.. The FJ version should go quickly..
Might check the FJR Owners Map and send a PM to those who are close to you. :clapping:

If it wasn't the middle of winter I'd ride up to Asheville for the weekend just to get away.

I am just 60 miles away in TN. with an 08.

Pirate 1 If the ecu comes in as they said it could I should have my bike back on sat. We might be able to go there anyhow if that will help.

I'll be picking up my '08 FJR next week. I just wanted to mention that in 2006 I purchased one of your Stealth Backrests for my ST1300. It was theeee best additions to my ST. My wife absolutely loved it. Now that my ST is gone and I'm switching to the FJR, the issue of which backrest has been a dilemma.

I just found this topic of yours and was very pleased. Most backrests pads out there for the FJR are too tall, not concaved, and mounted too far rearward or too high. I'll be looking for your FJR project to be completed, as I wish to purchase a Stealth Backrest for mine.

Thank you

Not sure if my buddy, Scott (who's a regular here) has posted in the last few days or not, but I thought I'd drop in with one of the first shots of our FJR13 Stealth prototype... I'm kinda proud of it.. Opinions are welcome... and No.. I'm not taking pre-orders.. Just wanted to share where we're at and thank all involved for the help and advice we've gotten up to this point...

Details are in this months cheesy newsletter here.. https://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterApr08.htm

Here's a first look.. I wasn't sure how to post it here... https://www.piratesK12site.net/FJRprotopic700.jpg

Not sure if my buddy, Scott (who's a regular here) has posted in the last few days or not, but I thought I'd drop in with one of the first shots of our FJR13 Stealth prototype... I'm kinda proud of it.. Opinions are welcome... and No.. I'm not taking pre-orders.. Just wanted to share where we're at and thank all involved for the help and advice we've gotten up to this point...
Details are in this months cheesy newsletter here.. https://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterApr08.htm

Here's a first look.. I wasn't sure how to post it here... https://www.piratesK12site.net/FJRprotopic700.jpg
The pic of the rest looks great !!! My wife complains that the rest provided by the Yama trunk, is "too upright"....meaning she needs more room I think....This one looks to allow for more room at the rear of the pillion ?

When you get ready to make available, definitly interested !!

Thx, bro.. I'm proud of it... FYI.. I gave it all the room that is available... Waiting to get feedback from our first passenger as we speak..

The pic of the rest looks great !!! My wife complains that the rest provided by the Yama trunk, is "too upright"....meaning she needs more room I think....This one looks to allow for more room at the rear of the pillion ?

When you get ready to make available, definitly interested !!

Excellent idea! Look forward to hearing feedback.

Say, how about a backrest that easily mounts to the Givi mounting plate. Many of us keep the side bags but don't ride as much with the top box. So for those times, our wives need a backrest that can easily mount in place of the GIVI box. Any ideas???

The new backrest is very, very nice... The install is very simple, looks stock and removes just as easily as well.... I wouldn't change a thing on it Jerry....

That's what I was wanting to hear, my brother.... Coincidentally.. I got the following from another tester earlier tonight... Sounds good...

Rec'd back rest today @ 4pm. Installed on bike @ 4:05 w/o any trouble. Packaged well and instructions were easy to follow if needed. We went for a 30 mile ride and my wife is impressed so far. The height, width, and angle are spot on. This Sunday we plan on going for a longer ride and I will e-mail you Sunday evening with final results. So far, it looks like a keeper. The black vinyl that you used from the ST1300 is a good match to my leather saddle. FYI....If any one has a Russell seat and is curious if the backrest will fit, IT DOES! Thanks for allowing us to test your product!

Frank & Benita Bush / Lebanon Junction, Kentucky ..

We're on track to go into production next week....

The new backrest is very, very nice... The install is very simple, looks stock and removes just as easily as well.... I wouldn't change a thing on it Jerry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts