FJR admirer in country OZ

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainRob

Reaction score
Check this out!

This is a wild, native parrot, not a pet - flew straight in and made himself at home!

Obviously knows a good bike when he sees one!

Rob

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Is that a 928 in the pic? Hard to tell with that damn red blotch in the way ;)

Thats pretty cool though! You keeping it? (The bird, that is hehe)

Is that a 928 in the pic? Hard to tell with that damn red blotch in the way ;)

Thats pretty cool though! You keeping it? (The bird, that is hehe)
Yep, an old one we have stripped out and made into a road racer/hill climb car - a heap of (cheap) fun. In Oz they now cost about $5000 for a rough one- quite a drop from the original $180,000 new price here!

We also have a fully race prepared 944 which my daughter races in the Challenge - www.amberanderson.com.au

The bird is pretty cool, too.

We live about 60 miles from melbourne, in the mountains, and have a lot of parrots and native birds around- but never one as friendly as this guy. Also a lot of wallabies and 'roos, as well as wombats, foxes, snakes, goannas and illegal immigrants!

Rob

Oh, yeah, the parrot farkle. We have variations here in Montana. Most prefer the eagle farkle, though I'm partial to the buzzard farkle.

Nice looking bird, Rob. It looks bigger than a Rosella - what type is it ?
It's a King parrot, and my kids named him 'Lightning'.

Trouble is, that was 15 years ago! But i'm told it's most likely the same one comes back every season. There's a couple of younger ones which are differently colored.

Pretty spectacular.

We did feed them for a while but the cockatoos took over and tore up the cedar widow frames!

Hi captainRob,

love the parrot, we do live in a great country. I also like the responsible drinking by pooch, condensation on the glass.

Best regards

Surly

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking bird, Rob. It looks bigger than a Rosella - what type is it ?
It's a King parrot, and my kids named him 'Lightning'.

Trouble is, that was 15 years ago! But i'm told it's most likely the same one comes back every season. There's a couple of younger ones which are differently colored.

Pretty spectacular.

We did feed them for a while but the cockatoos took over and tore up the cedar widow frames!
Those cockatoos do love to shred wood. I give my bird all kinds of stuff to tear up but she always makes a go at the railing or posts.

015.jpg