FJR Cover suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm a johnny come lately on this topic, but who can suggest a nice , not too expensive cover for the FJR.

Talked about a fair amount on this board beginning about this time each year.

I find various links when you search for "bike cover" in the Search including this thread, this thread, and others. Nice and reasonably priced are sometimes mutually exclusive.

Talked about a fair amount on this board beginning about this time each year.
I find various links when you search for "bike cover" in the Search including this thread, this thread, and others. Nice and reasonably priced are sometimes mutually exclusive.

Thanks for the links. Since it is just for my garage and not for taking with me on trips, I may just get a big, fitted sheet to keep the dust off of her. Thanks for the help. PS= not that I'm going to allow it to sit still long enought to collect dust............

I was going to suggest the sheet. The bike doesn't stay in one spot long enough to worry about a cover unless I am traveling. The bike is in the garage and once it cools off I cover it with a sheet to keep the dust off.. Gee I heard that somewhere. Good choice. Everett

I purchase a Guardian Cover when bought AE last October. Cover fits perfect, but attached bag zipper broke with in 2 months. then bag spit apart. The inside seam tape is now starting to fall off as well as some seems not looking good. I really thought they made a decent cover. Now looking at the FJR Yamaha cover but is expensive. Anyone bought one?

The Dowco cover will be covered under warranty. I had one start to unravel years ago and they stood behind the product. I have also had the Dowco Guardian cover last for over 5 years parked in all kind of weather for daily commuter. There are half covers that are very lightweight for cheap.

I'm sure I'm a johnny come lately on this topic, but who can suggest a nice , not too expensive cover for the FJR.
for a decent cover that you'll actually use (because it packs small and can be used on the road), i've found i really like the Tour King cover.

i looked at others and they were either bulky and took too much space when traveling or they packed small but cost 3 or 4 times that of the TK.

i'll +1 those who recommend tossing a sheet over it when it's in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
the form fit is pricey, but beautiful.

Form-Fit-200.jpg

Don't get the GezaGear cover.....or is that get the GezaGear cover??? I'm totally confused. :unsure:
Why???

If it's because of a recent difficulty, I believe the original poster has been satisfied over and above by GezaGear according to TODAY'S POST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get the GezaGear cover.....or is that get the GezaGear cover??? I'm totally confused. :unsure:
Why???

If it's because of a recent difficulty, I believe the original poster has been satisfied over and above by GezaGear according to TODAY'S POST.
Kidding.....everyone remain calm.....post edited and deleted to prevent any further confusion :glare:

I prefer a cover that is small enough to take with me everywhere I go. Many of the covers are too bulky for me and take up too much cargo space. I have had good success with the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 in XL. It covers most of my bike (better than the picture indicates), but still folds up into the small fanny pack it comes with. Plus, it costs less than $40. I would not recommend this cover for security or long term outdoor storage. However, it is great for covering your bike for the day while you are at work or something similar. Clicky

I have used the yamaha cover and it works great.

Here in Arizona we worry about the sun eating them

up. The Yamaha cover just lasts. IMHO it is well

worth the extra bucks.