FJR Cover...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamie

Reaction score
With all the equipment being added to the FJR... what brand and where did you get the cover you use while traveling...big enough to cover the tour box...

Thanks, Hamie

Tour King in Texas makes a great cover (it's actually listed as the ST1300 cover) works great with my Givi top box when I travel. It's a half cover, which is all you really need for overnight at the hotel. It keeps prying eyes away, and protects from rain, pine needles and dirt. And best of all it folds up really small in the little duffel-type bag that it comes in.

The one that Yamaha accessories makes fits like a glove, even with my tall winshield. Also has a zip out section for those times you have a top box on. Got mine from Canadian dealer. Nice product but cost too much.

I use a Covermax half cover. It fits nicely with the Givi box.

Got mine at Competition Accessories - Clicky

I've also seen them at the Iron Pony.

I use the Nelson Rigg half cover. I think it's the UV2000. The X-Large size fits over the tail trunk and windscreen. It folds up very small into the provided pouch. I normally only put it on the bike when I'm staying in a campground or motel overnight.

A half cover is a great idea. It keeps the elements off but you can cover the bike right away, even with hot pipes.

The one that Yamaha accessories makes fits like a glove, even with my tall winshield. Also has a zip out section for those times you have a top box on. Got mine from Canadian dealer. Nice product but cost too much.
Speakin of which. I have one and I'd part with it as I don't use it anymore. In fact only used once it two years..

:jester:

I use a cover they "gave me" when I bought a John Deere lawn tractor many years ago. Since I keep my tractor in a storage shed, it had never been used. When I was rummaging around it dawned on me that it would be about the right size. I know it's hard to believe, but I was the only one at EOM sporting the John Deere agro look... ;)

I'll probably buy a cover sometime, when I do it will be a Nelson Rigg UV2000, which is pretty much how the John Deere fits, but no snazzy JD logos...

logo_green.gif

Aerostitch Travel Cover. It's a bit spendy but fits the FJR well (even with the topcase), packs small, lightweight, repels water, includes grommets for locking cables, and is easy to wipe clean.

Speakin of which. I have one and I'd part with it as I don't use it anymore. In fact only used once it two years..

so is it a gift or what do you need for it?

I use the Nelson Rigg half cover. I think it's the UV2000. The X-Large size fits over the tail trunk and windscreen. It folds up very small into the provided pouch. I normally only put it on the bike when I'm staying in a campground or motel overnight.
Same here. Fits over my Givi V46 & CB +4+3 just fine for me. Packs small. Me likee.

so is it a gift or what do you need for it?

Twas a gift but un-needed nowadays. $65.00 and shipping to ya

Speakin of which. I have a little one and I'd part with it as I don't use it anymore. In fact only used once it two years..
Hey jackass, he wasn't asking about your penis...he wanted to know about c-o-v-e-r-s. Pay attention. ;)
Ummm...................... Shit! I thought he was talkin about condoms! Why, that's a cover ain't it? Damn color my face red :blink:

How you know aboot my junk anyway dillo boy? Why don'tcha go play in traffic :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought two different style Nelson Rigg full-covers XL (their literature stated that they accomodate a full-dressed motorcycle) for the FJR. Neither one even came close to fitting it w/o topcase but w/backrest, and they just barely fit my KZ650 w/sissybar & windhield. :angry2: You're definitely correct to ask for some advice and experience. I have the Geza high-speed half-cover for traveling and transporting the FJR but I don't have a top case, just the side bags.

Same here. Fits over my Givi V46 & CB +4+3 just fine for me. Packs small. Me likee.
I'll probably buy a cover sometime, when I do it will be a Nelson Rigg UV2000, which is pretty much how the John Deere fits, but no snazzy JD logos...
I agree. I've also been using the UV-2000 for a few years now, and I'd never go back to using anyone's full cover. This half-cover is light weight and packs small. What's not to like? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies....since I am from Texas and have got some good reports here..I will try the Tour King.

Thanks again... Hamie

I'll add my endorsement to the Nelson-Rigg half cover. Study, folds up small and goes on in seconds. I use it in the parking lot at work, commuting. I'm amazed at the people who leave their bikes baking in the sun every day.

From personal experience some half covers are junk. Go with the Nelson-Rigg.