FJR Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a touring bike cover (like these) that I use at work. It keeps the bike out of sight and protects it from the sun.

When traveling, I use a 1/2 cover (similar to this Nelson Rigg) that keeps the rain and prying eyes off the bike. It serves its purpose and packs small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Dowco Guardian cover. Very nice, and when mine starting falling apart, they replaced with a new one of better quality, no hassles.
Good luck.
Had the same thing happen. They replaced a completely trashed (from a major wind strom) 6 Y/O cover with a brand new one of much better quality.
california car cover! I have one for my Ducati 1098 and it is PLUSH. Will be ordering one for the FJR very soon

Wally world sells a cover for $25, the FJR uses a XL. I've used this cover for 5 yrs with no problems....

I too have the FJR cover and it fits like a glove and is a very nice heavy duty cover.

I actually ordered it when I got my bike and they threw it in with the bike but I ordered it before I knew that.

And I think it's worth the extra money. And it does fit in a saddlebag, but it is big.

I find covers made from these fellows foreskins make for a soft, pliable, albeit smelly cover..

goats1.jpg

Need a few of 'em though

:jester:

I also have the Yamaha FJR cover (negotiated a $100 price for it when I bought my FJR) and love it. Especially the zip out top box pocket that accommodates my Premier backrest and rack. And when I take the rack/backrest off I just zip up the top box pocket and it fits like a glove.

Geza Gear, Pro Plus Series, Medium. (No Side Bags Installed) Pricey But Outstanding Cover and you can damn near put it in your pocket! :clapping:

I want something small when I travel, so I use the Nelson Rigg UV2000 half cover (XL fits over the trunk).
+1. It's great, covers most everything you need to (including a trunk), and fits in a small fanny-pack case. Reasonably priced, too.