FJR Crash bars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesonicboom

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the crash bars that are available for the FJR police bike in europe? I have done an exhausting search and have not come up with anything. Anyone here know anything?? Thanks

Has anyone seen the crash bars that are available for the FJR police bike in europe? I have done an exhausting search and have not come up with anything. Anyone here know anything?? Thanks
I've never even seen the topic discussed. Maybe you should ask on the "euro" board:

https://www.fjrowners.ws/

Closest thing to crash bars I remember seeing are side case armour, peg scraping and frame sliders.

If memory serves me correctly, there are no such animals to be had stateside.

If they were to bring the police spec bike Stateside, I's sure a company like MC Enterprises would fab some of the bars as they did recently on the Honda St 1300 that Honda is attempting to sell to law enforcement. They had a nice ad in police magazine on just the stuff you're looking for.

Teerex looked into the police stuff a year or two ago, particularly the tailpiece. IIRC, it is done in Holland and is prohibitively expensive.

Yeah, don't think the siren looks very sexy. dont know why they cut up the fairing so much, just extend the crash bars out a little. Europeans??? :dntknw:

I want a little more crash protection for my wife and I. Dont really think frame sliders are gonna cut it. I might have to make my own. As for the aerodynamics, not sure how it will affect it, but the BMW R1150RTP has crash bars and it still handles great at 120....

Might just be a pipe dream

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it, but NOTHING is going to help you at 120! Now, I'll assume you weren't intending on finding something that will withstand a 120mph collision, but what exactly are you looking for? You say something more than frame sliders, but what are you meaning? What I mean is, let's say you go down at 45. Sliders are going to work just fine as long as it is just sliding down the street. But the truth is, that kind of open road is typically reserved for the track. The odds are, at that speed, you're going to hit a curb, and I don't care what kind of protection you have, the bike is going to get bent.

Yeah, don't think the siren looks very sexy. dont know why they cut up the fairing so much, just extend the crash bars out a little. Europeans??? :dntknw:
Well, you know, european police doesn't want to "american style HOG around lame curves drawing sparks" :p

Also the bike should be slim. Please note the smaller side bag covers. They have to be able to lane split easy.

FJR1300KMAR_foto_Promotor_tcm42-101140.jpg

By the way, since the FJR1300K, also for mere mortals as the 06 city sidecase.

5JWW07531xxx_HR.jpg

Also note the bike also has a rear crashbar.

gallery5_tcm42-72509.jpg

By the way, about a year ago I have chased down these crash bars. I lost the email and address. Sorry. If I remember correctly it was between 200 and 300 euro for the front crashbar.

But I know that it is Motoport Hillegom who have build the "Koninklijke Marechaussee" bikes. I think they also did the regular police bikes.

Enjoy,

Flere.

Yeah, i am not looking for protection at 120. I've seen wrecks at 85 and its not good. I really dont care about the bike in a wreck, they can be replace. (albeit I'll probably cry though.) I would like more protection for my wife and I. The frame sliders I have are just a poly type plastic. (Not sure of the brand they were on the bike when I bought them.) I might just be thinking irrationally. Hhhmm I wonder if my shrink knows I'm on this board. I also ride with full leathers that are CE approved with boots gauntlets and Arai helmet. Just want to be alittle safer tho.