FJR deal gone down the drain...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymech

Reaction score
I had paid a deposit 3 weeks ago towards a new 08 FJR to Velocity Motorsports in SC and was planning to pick up my motorcycle today... called them only to be told that they sold the bike... ostensibly while my salesman was 'away'. They are willing to refund the deposit of course!

I had previously posted the deal details to find out if it was reasonable... well reasonable or not, as slimy lots dealerships are, they must have given away the bike to someone else who paid more than the 11,200 they had agreed to with me.

Does anyone know of a dealer who will let go of a new 08 FJR for about 11 grand? I can pick up and cart off the bike on my truck as long as it is under 8 hours of driving...

any thoughts?? I live about the Atlanta area.

POSs, no business ethics. Hope the news burns them. Ian, Iowa

Crazy,

What a dealer. Call here and see what you can get:

D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

Better luck to you next time around.

Crazy,
What a dealer. Call here and see what you can get:

D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

Better luck to you next time around.
D&H was the first place I called even before I had placed my order with these low-lifes... they didnt have a 08... only 09s

They did give ma a good deal on a 09 but I am looking for a 08 - and for much less money than what a 09 sells for.

thanks though!!! Appreciate it!

Ahem...
<---

I am an AE owner and I do my own shifts thank you very much.
Sorry!!! ...didnt mean for it to come out that way... I did drive a AE once and I guess it does take some getting used to... I still prefer the manual shift... nothing wrong with the AE... its just preference I guess.

check ebay for the new dealers with 0 miles advertised there. I believe I've seen some '08's but don't remember where,

well I checked and all the under 5 miles new are AE's...dang

sure you don't want an '09 for $2k more ??? no, I don't blame you

do you have a signed letter of intent for them to sell to you,

I'd through a bitch fit right in the showroom for all to see

But that's just me...no attorneys in your family ???

There's a brand new Black Cherry '07 on the showroom here near New Orleans...

Best,

Mike in Nawlins'

Ahem...
<---

I am an AE owner and I do my own shifts thank you very much.
Sorry!!! ...didnt mean for it to come out that way... I did drive a AE once and I guess it does take some getting used to... I still prefer the manual shift... nothing wrong with the AE... its just preference I guess.
I can understand you are still miffed about that dealership's sale practices...JERKS !!!

check ebay for the new dealers with 0 miles advertised there. I believe I've seen some '08's but don't remember where,
well I checked and all the under 5 miles new are AE's...dang

sure you don't want an '09 for $2k more ??? no, I don't blame you

do you have a signed letter of intent for them to sell to you,

I'd through a bitch fit right in the showroom for all to see

But that's just me...no attorneys in your family ???

There's a brand new Black Cherry '07 on the showroom here near New Orleans...

Best,

Mike in Nawlins'
No signed letter of intent - other than the receipt for the advance...

I dont think its worth taking this any further... after all, I'm interested in a FJR... not getting anything out of these low lifes.

D&H did the same thing to me. I ended up buying at Lawrenceville Honda.
do you guys sign a sales agreement or letter of intent when you put down a deposit or have agreed on a deal

I do when I purchase a family car

I don't want someone walking in before delivery, make an offer higher than my sales agreement, and they sell it to them.

I make a sales agreement with EVERYTHING in writing, even if I have to write something on it, get it signed and sign it myself, and they are obligated to deliver the car to me in "perfect" shape AND I'm obligated to buy it without backing out of the sale.

I guess I thought that was obvious,

Mike in Nawlins'

Seriously, I'd talk to MamaYama. I had a similar thing happen in '85 with a Mitsubishi Starion. Gave them the check, they cashed it, sold the car to someone else. Said I had to wait till the check cleared to reimburse me. I called Mitsubishi (also in Cypress if I recall) and that same dealer ended up selling me a new '86 for the same price (trust me, I'd shopped around). I never went back but I drove off with a new car and the dealer wouldn't even shake my hand. Couldn't have been that bad a deal.

Good luck.

Here's one right on our site in the classifieds in Atlanta.Clicky

Not sure if it's sold as of yet.
saw that... and thanks to others who have posted this earlier...

but after having been driven 7k miles, it is still too rich for me at 11k... but 10k stock may not be bad... what say you guys?

Here's one right on our site in the classifieds in Atlanta.Clicky

Not sure if it's sold as of yet.
saw that... and thanks to others who have posted this earlier...

but after having been driven 7k miles, it is still too rich for me at 11k... but 10k stock may not be bad... what say you guys?
Well, that is a sweet looking bike and definitely very low mileage. You would have to decide if that suspension work is worth $1,000 to ya. I'm personally happy with my stock 08 set up, but I'm no suspension guru. I paid $11,900 for my 08 14 months ago. $10,000 stock for a bike with only 7K on it seems like a good deal to me.

doctorj