FJR Demo Bikes - Bikeweek 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bender

Reaction score
Just got back in from Daytona International Speedway (Saturday Afternoon), and sneaked into the Yamaha paddock as they were setting up (they don't mind). The demo bike lines contained ONLY three 2005 FJR's with the 2006 A & AE static models sitting in the middle of the paddock. I was planning on being at the speedway bright and early Monday morning to demo a 2006 (have an A on order) but that plan went down the drain, unless they have some stuck away someplace. The technicians working on the demo bikes didn't know of any.

Major bummer, as my wife has the bug to ride her own bike, and the FJR was intended to be a two up machine for us. I can't afford to buy the 06 and get her a bike as well. I was hoping a ride on the 06 would convince her that two up is the way to go. We had an 05 and it was a true cooker. Don't need to ride one of those again.

I'll probably have an A model come up available in North Central Florida if anyone is interested. Supposed to be coming in April.