FJR down in New Mexico

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HolaMesilla

Reaction score
Riding out of Las Cruces, NM two weekends ago I came across a guy on a FJR from Grand Junction who and just wreaked. If your a forum member and you read this I hope all is well. His bike was in bad shape including a broken windshield and all that goes with it. He was well dressed for riding but had several small cuts. I think the guy was in shock because he couldn't throw the broken parts in is travel bag fast enough before putytng his helmet on saying he needed to get to Grand Junction. Myself and my riding partner together with a solo rider who arrived at the scene first tried to convince him to hang out a while and get his wits about him. He keep saying he needed help push starting the bike because he said it wouldn't start. I asked if it was in neutral, bang the bike started, and my FJR hero rode into the southern NM sunset. I hope it was a happy ending as on our return ride we road about 60 miles on the path he would have taken and never saw him.

I've been a member of the site for awhile but haven't posted much. I did rely on the site a lot when buying my 07 in January and appreciated all the information I gathered. I now have 6,000 miles on the bike and am headed to Trilingual, Texas (big bend country) this weekend for my year end ride. Given I live in NM you can trust I'll have many more miles come spring. Again thanks for all the sites knowledge and here's to hoping our comrade from Grand Junction made it home and is alright!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disorientation is a sign of a concussion. Not a good time to be riding. you did the right thing trying to slow him down.

Scary. Hope the fella made it home. A person never has their wits totally about them after a crash. Don't aske me how I know this.

HolaMesilla - I do love traveling in your state. Got to see quite a bit of it this past weekend during the LOE1000 rally. Always a good time..

Bob, not sure of the year but was a Gen 1 and silver with a factory tour pack. Now complete with heavy damage to the right side.