FJR Dual Sport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyb

Reaction score
I was playing with Photoshop and some pictures of my trip to Big Bend and came up with this. Thought I would share. Enjoy

BigBendPoster2copy.jpg

Go ahead - make jokes.

Where I live, I have to ride my FJR on some pretty crummy roads. Sure, I mostly travel street/highway miles, but dealing with dirt & gravel are about a daily requirement. As an 'adventure' bike, the FJR isn't bad. It's heavier than my Triumph Tiger was, but the center of gravity is lower, giving a marginal sureness in cornering on unimproved tracks. Overbraking is a concern on a loose, dirt road, but I find a gentle touch on the brakes is all it takes. I avoid 'jumping' anything, but self-control has (so far) enabled me to get to where I got to go. My main worry is bouncing the top case around, requiring that I sometimes creep along. Despite the street tires, so far my FJR has maintianed a reasonable sure-footedness. I'll be facing a tire change, soon, and I'm looking into some knobbies.