FJR Fender eliminator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I've seen; but a sharp Dremel tool works wonders if you so choose. It's called the hack-a-way.

Can't find one online. Do they exist? Why not?

It's called the hack-a-way.

Also known as a "fenderectomy"

I used a dremmel and cut it 1/8" longer.

Then with the drummel I finished nicely, look like OEM

Finish with a sand paper

Easy to do, look worst that it is !

I'm with Fred. Why? I guess if you don't ride in the rain, and really want your 600# sled to be perceived as a sport bike.

Hey, maybe wecan develop a shaft cover that looks like a chain and sprockets?

I'm with Fred. Why? I guess if you don't ride in the rain, and really want your 600# sled to be perceived as a sport bike.
Hey, maybe wecan develop a shaft cover that looks like a chain and sprockets?

I just think the fender is a little much. They are so big these days. And my wife seconds that comment. ;)

Wait'll she gets her back soaked in that sudden unexpected squall. And don't think, well, she's getting wet anyway. Water off the road is really nasty shit, not like the pure clean clear stuff from the sky. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait'll she gets her back soaked in that sudden unexpected squall. And don't think, well, she's getting wet anyway. Water off the road is really nasty shit, not like the pure clean clear stuff from the sky. :p

OMG! You ride in the rain?!? :blink: I thought bikes would melt in the rain?!? :unsure:

A Dremmel and sand paper fixes it.

10.jpg

I decided to use some of that extra rear-facing surface area as a place to put some reflective material. These things are pretty hard to see at night, and as I ride with the 'bags off mostly, I want all the help I can get.

Have to admit though, that the wife's opinion does count for a lot if you know what's good for you. Down side is that once she changes her mind after that unexpected hosing with road crud, it's going to be a costly and time consuming repair to make it stock again.

Although, if she doesn't like it maybe she won't want to ride anymore...hmmm...

QUOTE(wfooshee @ Oct 2 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really!

What you need, Honzo, is something like this:

RearFenderExtender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: