FJR Handle Bar Double Farkling

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBIII

Reaction score
The first farkle I put on my '05 FJR were the Genmar CNC-machined 2" risers. I only put 2000 miles on the bike in 30 days just riding to work and around town. Plus I did a few longer 400 mile days, but everytime I went farther than 100 miles in one day, I had back pain. Today I added the Heli-rizers on top of the Genmar risers and went out for a 100 mile ride before work with no back pain, and my wrist didn't ache at all.

Anyone else try this double farkling?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first farkle I put on my '05 FJR were the Genmar CNC-machined 2" risers. I only put 2000 miles on the bike in 30 days just riding to work and around town. Plus I did a few longer 400 mile days, but everytime I went farther than 100 miles in one day, I had back pain. Today I added the Heli-rizers on top of the Genmar risers and went out for a 100 mile ride before work with no back pain, and my wrist didn't ache at all.
Anyone else try this double farkling?
I had Genmars by themselves.

I had D&D's by themselves.

I now have motorcycle larrys 6 degrees by themselves.

None have really been a huge difference on my wrists.

What is this Genmar/helibar combo you refer to?

How high are your bars now.

Did you increase your brake lines?

Pics?

Questions, questions and more questions...

What is this Genmar/helibar combo you refer to?How high are your bars now.

Did you increase your brake lines?

Pics?

Questions, questions and more questions...
Genmars on the bottom and helibars on top which raises them by almost 4 inches and back by 1 inch. The ABS brake lines are kinda tight when going to full left or right turn position, but there is still a small amount of slack. Sorry no pics, I don't know how to yet.

I changed out this farklage, took off both risers and put on MotorcycleLarry's riser with a 6 degree push out. I'll put a few miles on and report.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the 6-degree M/C Larry risers now. I've got the GenMar and the Heli risers listed for sale in the classified section of this board. Someone please buy them. :D