FJR Just Dies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K7trm

Reaction score
Wife and I were out on a nice ride yesterday breaking in our new Russell seat :yahoo: . Rode down around Casa Grand to Sells then Tucson and back home to Phoenix. We pulled over on once so my wife could change face shields. Well the damn bike just shut off, :blink: no power and the wind shield stayed in the up position. It happened again :angry: coming to a stop sign leaving Saguaro National Park. This time the wind shield retracted to the down position. Both time the bike fired right back up. I chekced out the battary this afternoon between games and it looked to be fine. Any helo where to start tracking this down will be of great help.

You don't mention bucking or other poor riding characteristics which makes me think it is not bad gas. Any other farkles installed besides the seat recently? Any service by you or a dealer? If the bike is syock, I doubt a grounding issue since it is so new -- but a rub somewhere is possible I guess. The real forum gurus will weigh in soon I'm sure. Details you can supply will help.

mice build a home in your air intake ? check idle, keep it 1k, does it have a pc3 ? if not buy one, makes the bike so much more smooth !!!