Fjr Motorcycle Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradman

When Life Throws You A Curve..... Lean Into It
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a good motorcycle cover for my 07 FJR. I want something big enough to cover all three bags as well. I searched for it but couldn't find it, I'm sure that someone has already been over this :eek: )

Thanks for any help and opinions.

At work I use a cover designed for a touring bike (Goldwing, etc.). I'm in a secure parking lot and the cover hides the bike and my gear stowed on the seat, thus everything is protected from dust, sun, light rain, etc.

When travelling I use a half-cover that protectes the windshield, tank, seat and top-case. The side cases are exposed but I've never had any issues...I could always remove them and carry them inside.

You could also use Google of Bing: bike cover site:fjrforum.com

Your welcome. :)

I have a Nelson Rigg and really like it!

IMG_1203.jpg

Bradman,

I have a nice one from the Yamaha accessories site. The cover is made specifically for the FJR with trunk,perfect fit!

While I have mine garaged, I wanted a cover - more specifically a cover to keep dust, etc. out. I bought one from WalMart. It was the one for garaged bikes, labled "for touring bikes" and it covers it from head to toe AND top to bottom, with a LOT of room left over. Truly! Bags on and all. I could probably sit on the thing and it would cover me and the bike. When on, you can't even see the tires. It has a drawstring around the border so it keeps everything out. Suits my needs perfectly. Cost - about $23 or $27. Not GQ, or for outdoor use, but is well made and I would recommend it even if it does come from Wally World.

I use the CoverMax 107502 Deluxe Cover on my '07 with all three factory bags. The elastic on the bottom fits so tight that you don't need to worry about straps - there is no way it will blow off. It also has felt sewn in were the windshield is.

The black color on top half faded after about a year in the FL sun - wish they made this model in a full silver color. The bottom is heat resistant material, but I touch the top black material on the mufflers all the time when installing it and no damage has occurred.

If you look around, you can find new ones for under $60.

Do like SCUBATEC and me and get the Yamaha FJR cover it's made for the bike and it has the badge on the front, just in case your neighbors want to know whats under the cover. Got mine for Christmas, yeah thats right I said Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
UV-2000 here, too. XL. Doesn't quite cover the side bags with the Givi top case in place, but they're mostly covered. Gets down the fairing over the turn signals. Packs smaller than a pair of gloves.

I use the WallyWorld XL myself. My bike is parked outside all summer and I've used the cover now for 3 seasons. Still going strong and it covers everything as mentioned previously. For what I paid for it, I'd buy another.

Unfortunately, right now its outside covered in an inch of snow. Fack.

If cost isn't an issue, try the Aerostitch Ultralight. Packs very small.
I use the medium size of that cover (leftover from my FZ6 days) and it works very well, but is slightly tight lengthwise with the point on the back of the PCA rack I have (Vstream screen also). That being said, I can easily pull it down to cover all but the lower portion of the front tire and, in the back, pull it over the bags and pipes (I usually leave the pipes uncovered though). There's usually a lot of slack material around the back - perhaps a top box would take that up nicely. It packs up in a bag about the size of one of those 20 cd 6" "booklets"...very small. I would imagine the larger size might also work great with a top box.

Bradman, you're welcome to swing by and test it out if you're ever in the area and haven't already purchased one (noting the date on the OP).

If cost isn't an issue, try the Aerostitch Ultralight. Packs very small.
I use the medium size of that cover (leftover from my FZ6 days) and it works very well, but is slightly tight lengthwise with the point on the back of the PCA rack I have (Vstream screen also). That being said, I can easily pull it down to cover all but the lower portion of the front tire and, in the back, pull it over the bags and pipes (I usually leave the pipes uncovered though). There's usually a lot of slack material around the back - perhaps a top box would take that up nicely. It packs up in a bag about the size of one of those 20 cd 6" "booklets"...very small. I would imagine the larger size might also work great with a top box.

Bradman, you're welcome to swing by and test it out if you're ever in the area and haven't already purchased one (noting the date on the OP).

Hey thanks, I might take you up on that. Give me a shout the next time you want to go riding.

I use the WallyWorld XL myself. My bike is parked outside all summer and I've used the cover now for 3 seasons. Still going strong and it covers everything as mentioned previously. For what I paid for it, I'd buy another.
You bastages!

Your gonna make me eat my words aren't you!

I went out today (after 2 days of really high winds = 60mph+) to find my just bragged about WallyWorld cover ripped from stem to stern.

You bastages!

Your gonna make me eat my words aren't you!

I went out today (after 2 days of really high winds = 60mph+) to find my just bragged about WallyWorld cover ripped from stem to stern.

Sorry dude! LOL!

Well, you got your money's worth out of it. I still haven't bought one.