FJR Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Riz

has anyone found a comfortable seat for the fjr? I have an 05, and love everything about it except, on the long haul, the seat really gets uncomfortable.

Last edited:
My opinion, as far as an FJR is concerned, is worthless.

I don't own an FJR.

But, that said, I'm in love with my Sargent seat purchased for my ZRX1200R.

Great quality. Super comfortable.

$.02

You can save "some" of your money and buy an AirHawk seat cushion. They are $160.00 but well worth it, and you can take it off for normal day to day riding on the stock bench which will build up your tolerance for longer rides. If seat height is an issue then don't get this because it raises you up about 1-2 inches.

Here's the airhawk guarantee from their website:

YOU BET YOUR ASS™ Satisfaction Guarantee

Test ride any AIRHAWK for 60 days. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with its incomparable comfort and performance, simply return it for a full refund. Is that a deal? You Bet Your Ass it is!

https://www.rohoinc.com/recreational/index.jsp

No, I don't have stock in the company or any other reason to promote this product other than it works.

Tried the air cushion, money down the hole, softer ride but still had hot spots.Tried a Gel Pad next, felt good when first riding, but the heat built up, and spent a lot of time squirming on the seat.

The best solution so far is for a beaded seat cushion, for $20 Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best

https://www.whitehorsepress.com/advanced_se...p?keywords=cvrw
Gryphon, I got the beads. How do you have yours set up? Stock seat alone? I tried them and I'll just say they were only on for one ride and I stuck it out for 50 miles. I had them on the stock seat with nothing else. I did see one FJR with beads over sheep wool covers. I found two things:

1) I slid all over the place (or rolled on the beads)

2) They hurt. They achieved the same level of pain in 20 miles as the stock seat did in 770. :blink:

I will say, I didn't get hot.

I just tried the beads and like em'. I've got a Sargent seat which works great, but am using the beads as a hot weather solution. You really can feel the air circulating beneath you. Probably wouldn,t want to use them when it's chilly out!. I bought a set from Sampson for about 40.00 in the door. There's an application chart which includes the FJR and they'll even do custom versions.

Sampson Sport-Touring

I just got my beadrider yesterday (btw: very prompt delivery!), and rode in this morning. Certainly seems more comfortable, I don't have to move around as much to releive pressure points, however I do seem to slide around a lot more on the seat (front/back). This could be a function of my overpants/bead combination, but will take a bit of getting used to.