FJR sliders on Ebay (OES)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankjohnrobert13

Reaction score
Hi,

I am FNG and I don't want to start out with a stink. But, I think it should be good to know what parts are being put on our bikes since the simpliest things can cause big trouble. FYI

You are viewing a set of OESaccessories frame sliders designed specifically for the 2006-2008 Yamaha FJR

- Made of Delrin for high impact strength

Title: 06 07 08 YAMAHA FJR1300 FJR OES NO CUT FRAME SLIDERS

Condition: New

eBay Motors: 06 07 08 YAMAHA FJR1300 FJR OES NO CUT FRAME SLIDERS (ite... Page 1 of 4

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-08-YA...S-NO-CUT-FRAM... 5/1/2008

- Offered in black or white

- 1-3/4" or 2" diameter size- your choice-same price. Both sizes fit with no fairing modifications.

- NO FAIRING MODIFICATIONS

- [SIZE=14pt]Supplied with 10.9 high-strength mounting bolts[/SIZE]- Full installation instructions supplied.We don't do a generic write up on our listing page like the competition- we give you

accurate instructions for the specific bike, complete with torque specs and pictures of the mounting points.

- No Loctite required. Our sliders remain tight just like the factory motor mount bolts, which don't have Loctite either

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear oesaccessories,

Hello,

I just received your sliders. I just wanted to know the reasoning behing the Bolts? Your ebay description stated 10.9 hardened. The bolts I received state 8.8.

Is there a reason for this?

I would like to know before any feedback.

Thanks,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear oesaccessories,

Please respond to why you sent me inferior bolts:

threading. DIN 931

Stainless A-2 (18-8)

A-2 stainless is equivalent to 18-8 stainless. It is an alloy with high corrosion resistance and is the material of choice for most exterior and marine applications.

Steel grade 8.8

Made from medium carbon steel and zinc plated. Best for general hardware use where high strength is not required. Standard metric thread pitches.

Steel grade 8.8 fine thread

Made from medium carbon steel and zinc plated. Best for general hardware use where high strength is not required. Fine and super fine metric thread pitches.

Steel grade 10.9

Made from alloy steel quenched, tempered, and zinc plated. Best for automotive use and other areas where high strength is needed.

I am going to give you bad feedback. So you need to respond.

Allanb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear allanb,

Allan,

I am requesting that you take full advantage of our satisfaction guarantee and return the sliders set right away. I will give you a full refund and pay for the return S&H. Thanks,

Jacob Hendrix

OES

Dear allanb,

Allan,

It was a simple mistake Allan- we use 10.9 for all our other sets so when we made the listing, we incorrectly marked the screw as a higher grade. I will change all listings this morning before I do anything else.

Jacob Hendrix

OES

Jacob,

Okay, you made a “simple mistake” - got it. Not sure why you would use a lower grade bolt for a heavier and bigger bike, but I’ll take your word.

So make it right and send me the proper bolts. I am sure you will agree bolts are something that you don’t “cheapen”, particularly engine mounting bolts. That was the issue on which I bought your product.

Make it right and send me what you advertised.

Allan

Allan,

The 10.9 screws were advertised by mistake. I could see if I sent the wrong screws, but we don't use 10.9 screws for our FJR sliders and we're not just going to change what screw grade we use just because one guy thinks we should. I have offered you a full refund plus return shipping. Alternatively, I can give you a rebate of $15.00, more than enough to go buy the screws you want. If you want to discuss this matter any more, I request that you call, since I am here by myself today and don't have alot of time to communicate through email.

Jacob Hendrix

Hi Jacob,

I will take the 15.00 rebate. Please send me a confirmation email.

BTW.

I don’t give a damn about your “time” .

Make it right

Allan

Rebate is avilable upon receipt of positive feedback

Thanks, have a nice day!

Jacob Hendrix

Mmmmm......15.00 vs Your horsesh*t responses

I don't think so.

Have a nice day

Allanb

I've heard the argument that the softer grade hardware is better because the bolt will stretch and bend, not sheer off in an accident.????

I actually think you should have given the seller a break. You have quite a few negative comments that are very attacking.

"I am going to give you bad feedback. So you need to respond."

"I don’t give a damn about your “time” ."

"Mmmmm......15.00 vs Your horsesh*t responses"

I tend to agree w/ Alex IRT you tone. No problem has ever been solved using emotion.
The main reason I don't sell on ebay. I think some people jus' get a kick out of bitchin'.

The guy offered a full refund plus return shipping and was pretty straight up I thought.

I tend to agree w/ Alex IRT you tone. No problem has ever been solved using emotion.
The main reason I don't sell on ebay. I think some people jus' get a kick out of bitchin'.

The guy offered a full refund plus return shipping and was pretty straight up I thought.
Well put in your orders fellas

I see it different

Anyway, well opinions

I see it different

Anyway, well opinions
If you buy something and you don't like it, and the guy offers you your money back plus return shipping, why get all pissed?

Would you act the same way way if you were face to face, looking him in the eye?

I see it different

Anyway, well opinions
If you buy something and you don't like it, and the guy offers you your money back plus return shipping, why get all pissed?

Would you act the same way way if you were face to face, looking him in the eye?
The point isn't about the transaction. And, I wanted to give him a chance to explain BEFORE I gave any negative feedback which I haven't as yet. The point, to me anyway, is that I would be putting substandard hardware on a critical part of my bike which at least could cause engine damage, and at most possibly vibration crack and shear to be dangerous. I really don't think there is any other reason to ship 8.8 bolts other than is it cheaper for the vendor (and who knows how many riders have substanderd engine mounting bolts now). The point is that it was MY mistake in trusting something on EBAY that might have had some engineering scrutiny.

Maybe you guys whine about whiners. I just wanted to point out issues that have potentially serious consequences it was an FYI

"but we don't use 10.9 screws for our FJR sliders and we're not just going to change what screw grade we use just because one guy thinks we should. I have offered you a full refund plus return shipping".

The point is - What is the FJR bolt standard grade? I think he was giving me BS and the return/rebate to shut up and go away.

And this is my last comment. I am not getting into some Rant fight over it. FYI or forget it.

And yes, I could have been sweeter.

The point is that it was MY mistake in trusting something on EBAY that might have had some engineering scrutiny.
If'n your still here...

You could put a bolt through a dog turd and put it on ebay as a slider. Not that the OES parts aren't good stuff.

Do some research, ask around, find out what works and what doesn't.

My point is if you don't like it, send it back.

You could put a bolt through a dog turd and put it on ebay as a slider.
Having tried this I'll tell you that it works best while the turd is still a bit soft (not TOO soft, mind you). Then let it dry in a cool place to avoid any cracking of the turd. After that a quick dip into some oil based paint and you're ready for eBay.

You could put a bolt through a dog turd and put it on ebay as a slider.
Having tried this I'll tell you that it works best while the turd is still a bit soft (not TOO soft, mind you). Then let it dry in a cool place to avoid any cracking of the turd. After that a quick dip into some oil based paint and you're ready for eBay.
It's in the presentation. It can make or break a sale.

Maybe you guys whine about whiners.
Wrong!

4 posts all an eBay transaction where the prevailing consensus you could have been nicer. And I don't think you're trying to let the board now as some altruistic service.

And this is my last comment. I am not getting into some Rant fight over it. FYI or forget it.
You've got that right. This is a no asshat board and you crossed over that line with your very first post. Watch for a week in read-only mode...and use that time to decide if you'd like to return as a positive board contributor or not.

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.