FJR Stripe Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the opposite, I would like my bike plain, don't like the silver stripes at all.
I guess with all the corners in the hills behind your place, you don't need those stripes to allow you to go faster eh? :rolleyes:
Think about us poor guys over here.....140km to the next corner :(

Hey War Machine,

Exact match to the stripe on the tank, it came from the same kit, (I think it looks a little darker in the pic, because it is more in the shade). Almost an exact match to the silver under the tank. "Looks factory"

Installation was very easy, though I took my time. If I had to do it again I could probably put all 10 decals on in under 30 minutes. As long as you have 3/4" masking tape and start on the (ledge) where the top and bottom of the faring meet. "Peel the decal off and then wet it, don't get any water on the paper that you peel the decal off as it will start to cling to the decal" Don't ask me how I know :)

I liked the bike the way it was before, I just like it better now.

Bob

Hey all,
Just applied stripes to the bike, The European models come standard with these. I ordered mine through Premier Cycle Accessories.

https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/FJR...ALS_p/12500.htm

My bike.

https://www.cnqwst.net/doc/cnqwst-1050_1.JPG

Bob
Hey Bob

Looks good! I've seen these before & I really like them. Two questions though:

1. How close a match is the Silver stripes to the silver on the tank?

2. How difficult/long to install?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good!!!

I did mine not too long ago, also ordered them from PCA. I had to break up all that blue, but I understand everyone's taste is different.

Install is very easy! Buy a bottle of Glass Plus (not Windex or any other cleaner with Ammonia), put the tape on per the instructions, soak the bike and the decal with the Glass Plus, properly position the decals, squeegee out the air bubbles, wipe off excess fluid and leave it alone until it's dry.

The only downside to installation is, it's probably best to wait at least 24 hours before riding it after install just to make sure they are really dry.

Looks very nice. I just got my fjr a couple days ago, I am going to get it painted in the next 6 months or so and will most likely get some of those decals. I can't believe they are that reasonable.

Nice! They look aligned well. I did my 07. Aligned fairly well....

Put so many farkles on that you don't see I thought I would add something you can see.