FJR tail panel - does it exist?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander

Reaction score
Just bought an 08 FJR. I've removed the tail bag until the first trip and wonder if there is a panel that finishes off the area where the tail bag's connection plate bolts . Dealer says no, but it looks pretty unfinished.

Thanks

Do you mean the trunk/top case? If yes, you removed the mounting plate? If you removed the mounting base plate and want covers for the mounting holes, there are no Yamaha covers. I think that Yamaha didn't expect people to remove the mounting plate once installed.

Most people that have wanted 'covers' go to a hardware store and then sort through the parts bins and selects either chrome or black plastic plugs that pop right in. Only you will notice the covers afterwords.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought an 08 FJR. I've removed the tail bag until the first trip and wonder if there is a panel that finishes off the area where the tail bag's connection plate bolts . Dealer says no, but it looks pretty unfinished. Thanks

I made my own farkle for the tail piece and it looks totally stock. Go to your local Lowes or Home Depot and find the aisle that stocks the plastic/rubberized (4-6 in a pack for $2) caps that fit on the bottom of steel tubular folding chairs. I think the size you'll need is 3/4, cut them to half the size and fit it over the steel bolts on your rack. They make a vacum fit and look totally stock.

Alexander,

Does your bike look like this:

FJR1300_1.jpg

(image pinched from here: <Link>)

edit: I found an even better image here: <Link>

Hint: Google image search of "FJR tail"

edit edit: If you go to page 27 of that google image search of "FJR tail" you get this:

26455.jpg

Just bought an 08 FJR. I've removed the tail bag until the first trip and wonder if there is a panel that finishes off the area where the tail bag's connection plate bolts . Dealer says no, but it looks pretty unfinished. Thanks
Hmmm... Mine looks pretty well finished. Not really sure what you are referring to without pics. :dntknw:

Are you talking about he flat black rack that the OEM top case mounts to? I'm sure that would looked nice painted to match the bike, but I suspect it would be hard to keep it looking good due to chips and scratches from removing and replacing the top case. Some day I may try it. Check out www.colorrite.com.

FJRTail.jpg