FJR tank pad protectors:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I've seen some 2005 FJR's with a tank pad that has the FJR logo emblazend in the pad. It looks like its transparent but not sure. So my question is I'm looking for something better than the clear film sheet protectors now on my tank I think they are called tank-slappers?. After a while they develop a bubble here and there and frankly just don't look quite right.

So does anyone know if there is a specific pad for the 2006 model? The only thing available from Yamaha right now is the carbon fiber look or the chrome look pad. I found this but only across the pond....and not sure if this is the one.... FJR Tank Pad

Any ideas?

And if you notice in the package on this pad it has the tuning fork logo that is on early FJR's side panels and now the 08's. Anyone know where you might find this decal? Thanks for any help. PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two styles if you look at Yamaha UK. I got one of them, I think the slightly cheaper one on here (this was the only one when I bought mine.... which I got in the UK).

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/...t+Tour/FJR1300A

I think somebody else was looking for this, but couldn't find it in the US either. I can't find the thread right now tho.

I'm not sure what you mean by a specific 2006 model. I think it is enough that it says 'FJR1300' on the pad, I think a '2006 Yamaha FJR1300' is a bit too much text.... :unsure:

The lower part is clear, the top part black. So it blends into the color of the tank.

-colin

Thanks for that reply colin. I included the "2006" text because the pads I had seen were installed on the 2005 and earlier models and in my weak memory it seemed as I remembered seeing a tank pad advertized on the Yamaha website when my bike came out new in 06 that was of a different color or design than the earlier pad and was distinct for 2006.

The UK pad advertized in your link does say its "suitable up to 05" models but we know that it would work on all years. And the other pad with the red on top says its for all models. And the current pad sold by Yamaha in the US is carbon fiber look and the other is in the chrome look. It seems that (I'm going by weak memory again) that Yamaha has had different designs or color pads since 05.

Probably I should just buy one and forget it. But was trying to find out if there were in fact different designs out there from Yamaha for each year, since we are techo-fjr-geek oriented anyway, lol, and by God I'm still looking for that cool decal that goes on the side panels that the 06 and 07 didn't come with. I will try and contact Yamaha since no one's fessing up as this is probably boring to most anyway. Thanks again, PM. <>< :D

I see the text your talking about. If you click FJR1300AS, you see just the generic one.... but both look like the same form factor to me!

I'm sure I can find some yamaha stickers here if you need some.... not sure exactly which ones you are talking about. Same one as on my '05?

Latest posts