FJR Trunk (edit) interior dimensions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes

Reaction score
I have looked just about everywhere I can think of. (including searching this site) Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the factory FJR trunk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I found my own answer. A google search for " FJR1300 trunk inside" found it. I searched with the search function and google for all kinds of stuff to no avail. The funny part is all the words I searched for were in the post I found!!!! Oh well, at least I got an answer.

ANSWER:

It would be hard to give you internal dimensions as the inside is not a perfect box. The back is wider than the front..back is about 18-3/4" and it's about 16-1/2 in the front. The sides are straight but the front, (opposite the hinge) slants back. The bottom part is about 7 inches at its deepest, but then the lid has about the same capacity as the bottom section. Front to back there is about 12-1/2" but thats near the opening, at the bottom of the case it's about 9-1/4".

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=29831

The Factory trunk is not really a trunk.....it's a sail!!!!!!!! I did not like mine when I had it......the bike just wiggled all over the place at hwy speeds. If I had my SO on the back it was OK, but she didn't like the way it pushed her forward, and I couldn't come up with a clean way to move it back. So I bought the GIVI E52 with a premier cycles rack that allowed me to change the position of the case. It's wayyyy bigger than the Yammie trunk and I don't even know it's on the back at hwy speeds!!! I posted a comparo a while back. You should find it if you check my posts. But it's your bike and you're the one who knows what works for you, don't let me change your mind. :rolleyes:

Wes

If you decide to buy a Yamaha trunk call me. I Traded my 05 Galaxy blue FJR yesterday and kept the new trunk. I have the picture and ad on craigslist.com , under motorcycles, south Florida, I'll can make you a deal!!

New scoot- 08 Concours

Latest posts