FJR vibration following shop work

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander

Reaction score
Just paid big bucks to have the '08 FJR gone through, including valve adjust and throttle body synch. Now at around 4 grand it feel like I have a vibrator strapped to my butt. Before I take it back to the shop, wanted to see if you thought the valve adjust or throttle body synch could be the cause. Thanks

You say it was "gone through", so it would help to know everything that was done I would think. Help will be here in 3...2...1...

Were shims actually changed, or was it just a clearance check? Any tires or wheels removed? How is the power compared to what it was before you took it in. worst case, timing chain may have skipped a cam tooth. It sure has been known to add some vibration.

Haven't heard back from the O.P. but I hope there will be a follow-up. I think the sooner this bike goes back to the shop and the timing is checked the better.

What about missing vacuum caps? I've never had mine gone, but I know.lots of crappy running issues have been the result of missing/damaged caps.

I'd think a skipped tooth would result in a decent power loss as well. Obviously, something's not right.