FJRandy's Magnum Blaster Wiring Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
I was going to do the wiring myself. Then I started thinking about the crummy Radio Shack down the street that was guaranteed not to have at least one of the things I'd need to do the job. I decided to just purchase from Randy.

As an electronic engineer who has done more than his share of prototype fabrication, I can attest that Randy has done a fantastic job designing and executing this harness. It's a beautiful piece of professional fabrication. I simply would not have done as nice a job, even if I could find all the parts at the Radio Shack.

If you're thinking about adding the Magnum Blasters to your FJR, I'd highly recommend buying Randy's harness to go with them.

Did I mention the detailed instructions in color?

Why thank you! I just took a bow.

NOW.......did you have ANY problem with the pink connectors that plug into the right side factory horn wiring? I made that wire slightly longer because some people said it was a little short for the '06.

Enquiring minds want to know.

I was going to do the wiring myself. Then I started thinking about the crummy Radio Shack down the street that was guaranteed not to have at least one of the things I'd need to do the job. I decided to just purchase from Randy.
As an electronic engineer who has done more than his share of prototype fabrication, I can attest that Randy has done a fantastic job designing and executing this harness. It's a beautiful piece of professional fabrication. I simply would not have done as nice a job, even if I could find all the parts at the Radio Shack.

If you're thinking about adding the Magnum Blasters to your FJR, I'd highly recommend buying Randy's harness to go with them.

Did I mention the detailed instructions in color?
+1 on what Ari said, I haven't put mine on yet but I was impressed with the quality of the wiring that was sent to me, no way could I have done a better job than what was sent to me. Just wanted to add another pat on the back...

Why thank you! I just took a bow.
NOW.......did you have ANY problem with the pink connectors that plug into the right side factory horn wiring? I made that wire slightly longer because some people said it was a little short for the '06.

Enquiring minds want to know.
Still waiting on the horns. They were supposed to arrive today, but didn't.

So there's another pat on the back - I orderered the wiring harness after the horns, and I've had the harness for 2 days and I'm still waiting on the horns.

I'll be sure to post a follow-up, and maybe some pics.

Thanks again. Nice job!

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually ship the harness out the day of the payment, and I ALWAYS send it priority mail. This means 3 days latest across the country.

Now, what about that wire I asked you about in the above post??

Now, what about that wire I asked you about in the above post??
If the horns show up by Monday morning, I can let you know the same day they show. Otherwise, I'll need a week for a business trip starting Monday afternoon.

While my FJR sits in the garage waiting for its fairing parts, the other day I finally got around to installing the Magnum Blasters with FJRandy's harness. (I had to ask Randy to send me the instructions again as I'd managed to misplace them in the mere 12 months that the harness lay around in my garage :D ).

I'm known as an "electrically challenged" individual but the harness was so easy to install that I almost bragged about my skills afterwards. Money well spent IMHO.

Stef

Last edited by a moderator: