FL riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshift

Reaction score
I'm just saying if we keep the idea around for a Florida ride with other FJR owners it will happen. I mean didn't y'all ever read that book called ' The Secret' about positive thinking and the Universe will bring whatever it is you are asking for? If you are reading this just pretend, no don't pretend, regard this as a fortune cookie you got from a chinese takeout order and your cracker has this message in it.... Every day of your life should be an adventure, or it is nothing! So wrap your head around that and this ride may happen. :clapping:

I'm just saying if we keep the idea around for a Florida ride with other FJR owners it will happen. I mean didn't y'all ever read that book called ' The Secret' about positive thinking and the Universe will bring whatever it is you are asking for? If you are reading this just pretend, no don't pretend, regard this as a fortune cookie you got from a chinese takeout order and your cracker has this message in it.... Every day of your life should be an adventure, or it is nothing! So wrap your head around that and this ride may happen. :clapping:
?? Are you trying to get a group ride together?

I live down in Riverview and rockmurf lives about 30 minutes south of me so there's 2 FJR's right there. We did a Clermont ride last weekend and had a blast. Been thinking of doing an Ocala ride.

?? Are you trying to get a group ride together?

I live down in Riverview and rockmurf lives about 30 minutes south of me so there's 2 FJR's right there. We did a Clermont ride last weekend and had a blast. Been thinking of doing an Ocala ride.
Yes I will ride to Ocala. I been that way before. This coming weekend I have off.

Let's see who can make it.

Mick

And they say there is not a drug problem in Florida. :D

And they say there is not a drug problem in Florida.

I don't know who says that. Hey SN, let's schedule that ocala ride. Only time bad for me is weekend of 12/12/09.

I don't know who says that. Hey SN, let's schedule that ocala ride. Only time bad for me is weekend of 12/12/09.
I'll be traveling the middle of December so what about this weekend or next weekend? I'm getting ready to leave for the day so I'll email you when I get home.

Or drop me a line when you get a chance.

I'll be traveling the middle of December so what about this weekend or next weekend? I'm getting ready to leave for the day so I'll email you when I get home.

Or drop me a line when you get a chance.
PM sent.

ok how about Sat Nov 28th. I live west from Riverview. I can go East on 60 over to Bradenton which is essentially the same as Riverview. Where is a good place to meet for breakfast? Or do you want to skip breakfast, ie eat at home and then head out to meeting spot? Say meet at 8:00 am. Plus we have to decide on the route to ride. Looks like so far there are two other interested parties. It's a start. What do you say?

Mick

ok how about Sat Nov 28th. I live west from Riverview. I can go East on 60 over to Bradenton which is essentially the same as Riverview. Where is a good place to meet for breakfast? Or do you want to skip breakfast, ie eat at home and then head out to meeting spot? Say meet at 8:00 am. Plus we have to decide on the route to ride. Looks like so far there are two other interested parties. It's a start. What do you say?
Mick
I can't do Saturday. We're planning on Sunday ride to Ocala. Everett (rockmurf) and I are in along with maybe 1 or 2 others. Details are in the workings.

Have you done Ocala before? I haven't so I'm not sure on any good roads but I'll figure something out using google maps.

Ryan

I am always ready to ride. So either sat/sun or both. Keep me in the loop. Everett
Everett, I just sent you another email. Let me know if that works.

Right now, the tentative plan is to meet at the Racetrack Gas Station on Gibston Dr in Riverview, FL which is exit #250 on I-75.

Meet time: 7:30am. Kick Stands up by 7:45am. Make sure you are gassed up and ready to go by 7:45am.

We'll take I-75 north to Ocala which will take about 1 1/2 hours. Then I've got about 150 miles mapped out around the Ocala National Forest.

Eat lunch after we're done in Ocala and then hit the interstate to head back home.

I've never road through Ocala so can't comment on how the roads will be but I'm sure the pace will be about what all my rides are (moderate). I know some of the roads through the forest may have some sand due to the dirt roads that run next / through some of the roads we'll be on.

So let me know if the plan sounds good and if you can make it.

Email: sergeantnic AT tampabay DOT rr DOT com

Ryan

Hey Mick, did you make it home ok? That interstate sucked. We bailed and took 301 into tampa then got back on the interstate. I got home about 7pm. Nice meeting you. Almost a 500 mile day. Some real nice roads.. Take care.

Hey Mick, did you make it home ok? That interstate sucked. We bailed and took 301 into tampa then got back on the interstate. I got home about 7pm. Nice meeting you. Almost a 500 mile day. Some real nice roads.. Take care.
Yes I made it home. I pulled over at a reststop to get my face shield reattachched. The holdup on I75 was from rubberneckers looking at a minor 3 car accident that happened in the northbound lanes! I took 52 W and got on 19 S. Had a van pullout in front of me but luckily I was going only 45 mph and braked safely but it still sucked. I had a Good time riding in Ocala forest with you guys. Ride safe!

Mick

Everet,

I made it back fine after sitting in parking lot traffic on I 75 for 30 minutes and then took exit onto hwy 52 west then on 19 S. Got back about 6:15. It was a good ride. My trip odometer was set to zero when we gassed up the first time and logged 320 mi. Good meeting you and we'll have to do it again.

Mick