FLO stainless steel oil filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevindpm

Reaction score
Has anybody hear anything about these reusable oil filters selling on ebay. The concept and economy of the filter sounds good to me, but I couldn't find much info. Is it a case of anyhting that sounds to good to be true probably is?

Yeah, 12 bucks every few thousand miles is such a burden. If only there were rinse and reuse tires, I'd be ok with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody hear anything about these reusable oil filters selling on ebay. The concept and economy of the filter sounds good to me, but I couldn't find much info. Is it a case of anyhting that sounds to good to be true probably is?
Kevind., I wouldn`t go that route myself. Think about it....good quality fliter paper will stop the smallest particles in far greater abundance than the laser cut holes in metal. The reusable steel filters have only one thing going for them: very kewl looking devices. If you want the most effective filtering, stick with premium disposables. :assassin:

I have 42K on the Scotts Performance version. No problems so far. I am sure in just a few more miles my engine will self destruct and probably try and take my life while doing so. I do run with short change intervals, 2K. I have had the valve cover off, everything in there looks like new.

I figure I have saved about $50 on oil filters so far and I can claim I am being environmentally friendly by recycling my filter. :rolleyes:

I have 42K on the Scotts Performance version. No problems so far. I am sure in just a few more miles my engine will self destruct and probably try and take my life while doing so. I do run with short change intervals, 2K. I have had the valve cover off, everything in there looks like new.
I figure I have saved about $50 on oil filters so far and I can claim I am being environmentally friendly by recycling my filter. :rolleyes:
I also use the Scotts as does a friend of mine. My engine only has a bit over 18k on an '04 and his mid 20's on an '03. No issues on either. No metal in my filter to be found. We're both using synthetics, mine is loaded with Mobil 1 till the next change, then it will be Amsoil, I believe he is now on Amsoil. We both also use "Tufoil" as an additive which you can find at www.tufoil.com

FWIW

I also use the Scotts as does a friend of mine. My engine only has a bit over 18k on an '04 and his mid 20's on an '03. No issues on either. No metal in my filter to be found. We're both using synthetics, mine is loaded with Mobil 1 till the next change, then it will be Amsoil, I believe he is now on Amsoil. We both also use "Tufoil" as an additive which you can find at www.tufoil.com
FWIW
I thought "Tufoil" contained PTFE which, being a teflon based product is NOT good for wet plate clutches.

-Don

FWIW

Man, you're lucky its not friday.

FWIW
(Oh boy, here we go)

From the Tufoil website, FAQs.....seems like these 2 statements conflict.

Does Tufoil engine treatment work with motorcycles?

Tufoil works extremely well in 4-cycle engines that have a separate sump for their oil (never mix with gasoline. We get glowing reports of smooth, cool operation with wet clutch bikes.

Should I use Tufoil in my transmission?

Tufoil is too slippery to use in automatic transmissions. The oils in them need to be a bit grabby or the clutches won't work properly. In manual transmissions, about one part Tufoil in ten parts high-grade transmission oil will make them run cooler and shift smoother.

:blink: