Floor Jack -- Will this model work?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCook

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to possibly pick up this floor jack at a company auction. I was wondering if anyone could comment if it will work with an '07 FJR? If it won't work I won't get excited but if the consensus is that it will I'll put a bid on it.

Thanks,

RCook

I have an opportunity to possibly pick up this floor jack at a company auction. I was wondering if anyone could comment if it will work with an '07 FJR? If it won't work I won't get excited but if the consensus is that it will I'll put a bid on it.
Thanks,

RCook
I have seen similar type of floor jack used on an '06 with no ill effects.

Just fyi, I saw Cycle Gear selling (discounted) what looks to be an identical model jack at $99 - new.

That's actually the price of the jack he posted in his link . . . . Talk about identical! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually the price of the jack he posted in his link . . . . Talk about identical! :)
I know, but i mentioned the Cycle Gear one because it sounded like he was going to bidding on an old one at his company, and the one i mentioned is originally priced at $140.

Thanks for the info. I ended up doing a search and confirmed that something similar also works as well, weeding through 10 pages of posts to find it wasn't too fun ;)

The jack was actually used in a shop project here where I work, a table was made and attached to the jack so that you could easily lift a lawnmower to work on it. My goal is to try and snag the project for $25, not sure what I'll do with the table portion.

That's the same type of jack that I use. It isn't as stable as I'd like, but I just use it to swing the bike around and against the garage wall then drop it back onto the centre stand. Also - don't try lifting right after a run! The exhaust headers will be hot enough to melt the rubber covering on the lift (big stink). To get it lifting more level to the floor, I place a 1" thick piece of wood on the one lift arm.

Although not perfect, it sure beats shuffling the bike back and forth for 10 minutes!

That's the same type of jack that I use. It isn't as stable as I'd like, but I just use it to swing the bike around and against the garage wall then drop it back onto the centre stand. Also - don't try lifting right after a run! The exhaust headers will be hot enough to melt the rubber covering on the lift (big stink). To get it lifting more level to the floor, I place a 1" thick piece of wood on the one lift arm.
Although not perfect, it sure beats shuffling the bike back and forth for 10 minutes!
Would it be possible to see a picture of where you lift the bike at so I know where to lift mine? I have a general idea but it's always good to see it as well.

The jack was actually used in a shop project here where I work, a table was made and attached to the jack so that you could easily lift a lawnmower to work on it. My goal is to try and snag the project for $25, not sure what I'll do with the table portion.
Wellll....you could always use it to work on your lawnmower. :blink:

I have the same type of lift. I use it on occasion and it stores out of the way. No pictures but, IIRC, it lifts under the 4 header tubes, in front, and the collector mounting tabs (just ahead of the center stand) in the rear.

I also use a standard floor jack under the headers (with a piece of 2x4 to distribute the load) but I've had floor jacks "leak down". Not a pretty site when you have the front wheel off and leave it over night. The type of jack you mention has locking notches to the jack won't leak down.

As mentioned above, it's not "super stable" but I've raised mine for shock work and to remove the forks. Whenever I have the bike lifted that far off the ground I make sure I have it secured from above (strap to garage rafter) to keep it from tipping.

YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusty it sounds like you need a Park-n-Move, check out how easy it looks to move the bike anywhere in the garage on this thing:

2-inch-PnM_Shot5.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg