FLORIDA Y.E.S.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefj48

Reaction score
HI ALL,

I JUST WENT TO; HOUSE OF POWER MOTORCYCLES, IN PALM BAY FL., I ASKED THE SERVICE WRITERS IF THEY WOULD HONOR THE Y.E.S. IF IT WASN'T PURCHASED IN FLORIDA. THEIR RESPONSE WAS THAT IF YOU BOUGHT THE Y.E.S. FROM A YAMAHA DEALER, IT'S GOOD ANYWHERE, AND THEY WOULD HONOR IT HERE. I WAS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I BOUGHT AN FJR IN NEW YORK, AND NOW HAVE A HOUSE IN FLORIDA. I'VE READ ON THIS FORUM THAT FLORIDA HAS FUNKY RULES ABOUT BUYING THE Y.E.S. IN STATE. DID ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM USING THEIR Y.E.S. IN FLORIDA BECAUSE IT WASN'T PURCHASED IN FLORIDA?

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR AN '07 FJR SEE UNCLE LOUIE @ HOUSE OF POWER 321 727 2727. THEY HAVE THE BIKE SITTING ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THE PRICE, SO IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE WHAT KIND OF DEAL YOU CAN GET.

If I am not mistaken, it applies to FL residents who buy a motorcycle. It keeps the revenues flowing.

The only things FUNKY are that in order to buy a YES in FL you have to PAY FULL price, and that you are constantly YELLING.

-BD

I've read on this forum that Florida has funky rules about buying the Y.E.S. in state.
Yes, they do. If you are a Florida resident you must buy your Y.E.S. (a form of insurance) from an authorized agent within FL. Since youa re probably a resident domiciled in another state that rule doesn't apply to you. Of course any Yamaha dealer will honor the Y.E.S. no matter where it was purchased, tht's the golden thread sewing the idea together.

The cost of the YES in Florida is too high. One may be wiser to put that $800+ into a CD for the same term. Chances are very high you will never need the YES. I bet if there was a poll taken, only a small amount of FJR owners have had to use the extended warranty. YES? I think NO.

I've read on this forum that Florida has funky rules about buying the Y.E.S. in state.
Yes, they do. If you are a Florida resident you must buy your Y.E.S. (a form of insurance) from an authorized agent within FL. Since youa re probably a resident domiciled in another state that rule doesn't apply to you. Of course any Yamaha dealer will honor the Y.E.S. no matter where it was purchased, tht's the golden thread sewing the idea together.

sorry about the capitals slapnpop.

i have my homesteading in florida, i told them i just relocated down here. i still don't get how they would know were you bought the Y.E.S.?

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect, that is a wrong statement. previous thread The dealers may be using this ploy to make you think there are no options which seems a little unethical to me. I will be purchasing my warranty from D & H (hopefully still available) while residing in FL.

With all due respect, that is a wrong statement. previous thread The dealers may be using this ploy to make you think there are no options which seems a little unethical to me. I will be purchasing my warranty from D & H (hopefully still available) while residing in FL.
D&H will not sell you a YES if you give them a Florida address, PM me if you want to know how to get a YES for $385 even if you live in Florida.

That is a Florida State Insurance law, nothing to do with D&H, they are simply required to comply after Yamaha sent them a nasty gram.

Skippy

D&H will not sell you a YES if you give them a Florida address, PM me if you want to know how to get a YES for $385 even if you live in Florida.

That is a Florida State Insurance law, nothing to do with D&H, they are simply required to comply after Yamaha sent them a nasty gram.

Skippy
+1 Skippy. It can be done.

Then, I'm confused. Why did the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation - Office of the Commisioner specifically tell me that there was no law in the state of Florida stopping me from purchasing this YES warranty out of state? Again, going to the example of a person purchasing a life insurance policy from out-of-state (example) internet site - no FL law keeps me from doing that. The only law keeping the transaction from happening would be if D & H was soliciting business in the state of Fl in which they're not. If D & H makes the decision, with Yamaha's pressure, not to, that's their business. But there has to be some legality thing missing here. Maybe a call to Yamaha might clear it up. I'll call tomorrow cause I need to see if my name was changed on the computer since purchasing the bike under someone else's PDP order. Hope that didn't screw up the YES warranty purchase. In any case, I can use my TX address for the YES order.

Just a follow-up...talked to a person at Yamaha and he's going to check out what was told to me by FOIR - Office of the Commissioner and pass it on to the higher-ups. He said they interpreted it differently but will contact FOIR and then get back to me. He was very cordial and seemed curious as to what the right answer would be.

AND, of course, my dealer still has not registered my name to the bike's vin number into Yamaha's computer system (since July). My number shows a different dealer as the owner because my dealer found the bike from this other one after a long wait. I'm not sure if they really had one on order or not. Yamaha said they will put pressure on my dealer to make it happen. Can't order the YES program until the change is made. Should I get some kind of jelly roll out of this deal?

AND, of course, my dealer still has not registered my name to the bike's vin number into Yamaha's computer system (since July). My number shows a different dealer as the owner because my dealer found the bike from this other one after a long wait. I'm not sure if they really had one on order or not. Yamaha said they will put pressure on my dealer to make it happen. Can't order the YES program until the change is made. Should I get some kind of jelly roll out of this deal?
When I took mine in to be re-registered, the service manager did the ownership record transfer on his shop computer right there on the spot. Didn't even charge me the $25 transfer fee!

Oh YES they know where you bought it. Once the vin is in the Yammie Mommy System everthing done under warranty is entered. The dealer said my belly had some scraches and pannels replaced before I saw it. It is on the vin. TJ