Foggy Mountain Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTwisty

Reaction score
This ride report was posted under the original ride announcement, but upon the request of some of the ride participants, I have created a new thread as an official "ride report".

We all had a great time and everybody made it home safely. We almost earned a performance award, but I guess the cop was feeling generous, or maybe he just couldn't find a good place to turn around.

This is Fort Mountain just after 10:00 am Sunday morning. It was like pea soup, but not nearly as bad as when I came over it a few weeks ago on the Fried Pie Ride.

Here is Berde, FalconFan2 and MrsTwisty with their heads in the clouds. B)

IMG_0150.jpg

Same spot at about 5:00 pm. Can you tell the difference?

FalconFan2, Mrs & MrTwisty

IMG_0155.jpg

Here we are at a covered bridge near Helen.

IMG_0151.jpg

I think this is a nice pic of the bikes throught the bridge.

IMG_0154.jpg

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was a wonderful day of riding. We saw some beautiful scenery and did a lot of riding. I think Berde did over 400 miles. Thanks to the new Zumo, I found some awsome roads that I have never been on.

Thanks to FalconFan2 and Berde for comming along. Yes, that's right, there is a Falcon fan out there...I think he is the only one...gotta admire his resiliency.

And on a special note, let it be known that Berde cut loose today on Richard Russell Hwy. I think he found his chi on that road.

Twisty

Twisties and Berde,

Thank you for the fun day in the mountains. It was a blast. I had so much fun and it was exhausting, but in a good way. I must admit the ride was much faster that I normally ride, but I felt comfortable most of the time.

Ms Twisty can you crop those pictures and take out my gray hair?

Thanks again.

Oh yea, I don’t write much, but am an avid reader.

FalconFan2

Sunday's ride was one of the best, if not the best ride ever in the Mts. Like Mr Twisty said, I clocked a tick over 400 miles today when adding to and form the mountains from McDonough. I think I found my grove in the Richard B. Russel Speedway, sorry I met Hwy. I guess the trooper who saw us did not find our fun in the twisties amusing. I can tell that I am going to sleep like a log tonight. We had an awesome day of riding, including a very nice temperature, and a sunny day. The fog, oh the FOG, at one point I could not see Falcon's bike 30 feet in front of me. We did manage to see Nagarider and stop to see if he would turn around. The burgers at TWO hit the hungry spot. Thanks to Mr and Mrs Twisty for the cofee and for such a nice ride. I really enjoyed spending time with you guys. Nice to meet you Falcon Fan, and take care of that Black Beast !!!

Berde