Foot Peg/Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy Mike

Reaction score
Backstory: I've had a complete replacement of my right knee and while my leg is strong and stable, I have lost some mobility. Specifically, my right knee does not bend fully and placement on the stock peg iis very tight and operating the rear brake comfortably is a challenge. Is there and aftermarket rearset that moves the position forward and maintains functional rear brake operation? I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new FJR but I'm concerned that when I become fatigued that I might not be able to smotthly apply rear brake in a stress situation. I know all about front/rear braking ratios, and the linked system, but I like to track w/ the rear a little. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

You could address this concern with your physical therapist. They make sure the muscles are stretched and strong enough for this. If they recommend changin the position then you could always visit a fabrication shop and have a longer brake lever made.

You mean a like this thing?
rolleyes.gif

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=32

Grumpy Mike,

Sorry I do not have a great answer for you, but you might get a head start on the parts you need from the cruiser crew. Search the Internet for:

Yamaha forward foot controls

and separately, try eBay. The word Yamaha is optional, of course; "motorcycle" there should give you more choices, if needed. I saw some interesting fabrications available. Most peg+brake assemblies will have a bell-crank to the rear brake lever, which gives you the option of having two brake pedals, one forward, and one at the usual location. I doubt that you will find a dedicated bolt-on FJR assembly, but a decent fab shop should be enough help for you to customize the gear that you can find.

Good hunting,

Infrared

Check out MFW Vario footpeg kits. They not only lower the pegs but are indexed and can be rotated to fit your needs.Twisted throttle carries them, and a video showing how they work .Good luck

Before I had my knee replacement I was not able to use the rear brake without picking my foot off the peg. Now that I have had the knee replacement I have all kinds of movement and can just use the brake like a normal person.

I never found anything that didn't interfere with cornering. I ran across the Vario pegs recently but don't need them anymore. Good luck hope they work for you.