Footpeg options?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Ricer

Reaction score
I am looking into different options for footpegs for my FJR (2010) I notice that there are very few options when you put FJR in the search. Does anyone know if the FJR shares a rider, not passenger peg and spring setup with any other Yamaha bikes that will just plug in without a whole lot of fuss. Sorry if this has been covered before but I looked and didnt see anything...thanks!

I am looking into different options for footpegs for my FJR (2010) I notice that there are very few options when you put FJR in the search. Does anyone know if the FJR shares a rider, not passenger peg and spring setup with any other Yamaha bikes that will just plug in without a whole lot of fuss. Sorry if this has been covered before but I looked and didnt see anything...thanks!
To answer your question -----I replaced the big rubber squishy stock footpegs with R6 pegs and they fit fine.

Under certain conditions near the edge of the tires traction limits feedback (and input) through the pegs is important.

If your problem is the vibrations and you want to reduce them,install the footpeg rubbers from the 13 or 14 fjr!
You will feel that you riding a 13 or 14 fjr.The mama Yamaha make this trick to 13 & 14 fjr to reduce the vibrations..!Try to install the rubbers from a 03-12 in a 13 & 14 fjr or vice versa and you will remember me what i mean..!I installed the footpeg rubbers from my friend's 13 fjr and i feel that i riding his bike!No vibrations in my footpegs!I installed my footpeg's rubbers from my 01 in his 13 fjr and he immediately noticed much more vibrations in his bike!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can check it out.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/12495-knifemaker-passenger-floorboards/?p=708714

Dave

It would be helpful for you to tell us what you're looking to fix, solve or alleviate. Most people don't change the rider pegs. On any bike other than dual sports.

@Dutch - You need better suspension, not different pegs.
grin.gif

@Dutch - You need better suspension, not different pegs.
grin.gif
I agree about the suspension and it's on its way.It has nothing to do with ground clearance, I need all the feedback and control a solid peg gives me.

I have a Super Tenere and have developed an appreciation of wider pegs. The ST pegs will not fit in there w/o modification. I think the ST1300 has especially nice pegs but I dont guess those would go in w/o even more trouble. Thank yall for the suggestions and the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your problem is the vibrations and you want to reduce them,install the footpeg rubbers from the 13 or 14 fjr!
You will feel that you riding a 13 or 14 fjr.The mama Yamaha make this trick to 13 & 14 fjr to reduce the vibrations..!Try to install the rubbers from a 03-12 in a 13 & 14 fjr or vice versa and you will remember me what i mean..!I installed the footpeg rubbers from my friend's 13 fjr and i feel that i riding his bike!No vibrations in my footpegs!I installed my footpeg's rubbers from my 01 in his 13 fjr and he immediately noticed much more vibrations in his bike!
Thanks for the tip on the 13-14 peg rubbers. Swapped my worn old 05 rubbers for the 13 model and they are MUCH better. They have a cushion area built in, and ribs perpendicular to the peg that make footing surer. Not cheap though. Best deal was about $32 total w shipping.