Footpegs?? Anyone Changed Them??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
My stock pegs are almost shot. Has anyone put a set of aftermarket pegs on there FJR?? Wondering if the aftermarket R-1, R-6 ect pegs would fit... Looking for something with a little more grip than the rubber factory ones... :eek:

Warchild installed a set of the Top Gun footpegs like the picture below (but they were black) from FJR Goodies. Pretty gnarly looking and without the rubber you have the added benefit of the pegs becoming Throttle Body Synchronization Adjustment Detectors.

Thinking about asking for a set myself for Christmas.

TOPGUNfootpeg_lg.jpg

I removed mine, along with other weighty unnecessary pieces. Sure miss the seat, but, what price speed!!

The silver footpegs are an old, old photo.... here's the current generation.... black-anodized aluminum with stainless steel fasteners for grip....

megabling.jpg

The black footpegs play off the adjacent powder-coated hardware:

mufflerHangar2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did that kewl chrome (bling) Yamaha emblem come from? Did that come on the '03, or was that an add on?

How many miles did it take to wear out the rubber foot pegs?

How come you aren't going with footboards :haha:

Where did that kewl chrome (bling) Yamaha emblem come from? Did that come on the '03, or was that an add on?
How many miles did it take to wear out the rubber foot pegs?

How come you aren't going with footboards  :haha:
That is a polished stainless steel emblem from BikeJohnny.com

I went through two sets of rubber inserts on my first FJR.... takes me about 18K to wear through a set (the left one goes first, undoubtedly due to all the shifting action).

Floorboards on a sport-touring machine? Please.....
supergay.gif

Hey Warchild,,did you powder coat those black pieces ??
Yep.... in addition to the brake lever and exhaust hanger brackets, I did the Top Gun Bar End Weights, handlebars, D&D risers, and triple tree, all in Diamond Gloss Black:

bars_endweights-DandD.jpg

Triple tree before:

PRE_TripleTree.jpg

and after:

post_TripleTree2.jpg

Steering components assembled:

AssembledSteering.jpg

SeamlessRisers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well WC, will a R-1 or R-6 peg fit the FJR??????
No, they don't. At least the '04-'05 R1 footpegs will not... they are more narrow than the FJR footpegs (where they fit into the footpeg bracket).

Thats too bad. I see replacement footpegs, nice aluminum ones, anodized in the color of your choice, for sale all the time, but never a Feej in the fit listing. Maybe I should just ride up to Kirk and try them all on, possibly find a fit right there at the order counter, like trying on shoes........ :p

Yes, Radman..you should ride up there. I am in need of a set. WC was right :clap: , I have 20,000 mile in my scooter and the left one is almost gone.

WC was right :clap: , I have 20,000 mile in my scooter and the left one is almost gone.
You know you can purchase just the rubber insert, don't you? They'll be good as new with fresh rubber....

Note, however, the inserts are retained by two philips head fasteners which are slathered with green loctite at the factory, so they are a lot of fun to remove.... :angry:

You know you can purchase just the rubber insert, don't you? They'll be good as new with fresh rubber....
Yes, but I was looking for something a bit more R-1 like. I even though of stealing the rubbers out of the pass pegs.. :eek:

Yes, but I was looking for something a bit more R-1 like.
Well then, the ones I have are probably your best bet. They are CNC machined from billet aluminium, available in 7 different anodized colors.

They come in three types:

1) STUDDED: These are what I have; they use stainless steel fasteners as grip studs for your boots.

2) RACING: Modern machined knurled pattern.

3) TOURING: Slightly longer and wider for added comfort.

Here's a shot of the ones specific to the FJR1300 (the "touring" ones are in the center, I believe):

__ffpb.jpg

Here's your source... break out your VISA.... :D

Kick-ass footpegs for the FJR