For my friend Richard - 1400 HP 65 Malibu

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave...

damn that thing would not be very easy to drive FAST me thinks.....I could take him no problem......
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

R

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we've all got enough sense to NEVER applaud any fool that would drive that way on city streets. I would have enjoyed that video a great deal more had the driver been at the drag strip.

However, what an incredible machine. Both under the hood and under the car, what a true work of art.

smile.png

I hope we've all got enough sense to NEVER applaud any fool that would drive that way on city streets. I would have enjoyed that video a great deal more had the driver been at the drag strip.
Uh Gary, I take it you have never driven on either PCH, Western or Hawthorne Avenues in Torrance, California? Next to a red Ford Fairlane, with a Mad Brit behind the wheel eh?
av-3816.jpg

The perfect resto rod. Hear in FL the AC is a requirement. I think I would smile most days if I saw that was sitting in the driveway. like I do when I see the FJR :)

Uh Gary, I take it you have never driven on either PCH, Western or Hawthorne Avenues in Torrance, California? Next to a red Ford Fairlane, with a Mad Brit behind the wheel eh?
av-3816.jpg
I visited there in '64 when I was just a little guy, does that count? Gotta try to make it out to Kali one of these days. FWIW, most folks over 50 here in Fla. don't go the speed limits either. They clog up every road in town by going significantly UNDER them..

Gary

darksider #44

Looks like fun for street thunder, smoke and surprises. I would be interested in knowing what it is really capable of with some track specs, both linear and autocross. By the looks of it the car makes lots of power but may not be able to put it to the ground in any meaningful way other than noise and smoke. I'm pretty sure I could have fun with it -- until my drivers license goes up in smoke
wink.png

On the other hand, viewing the lack of roll cage, drivers harness or fire extinguisher (I didn't see a drive shaft loop but I'm not going back to look) the car is missing some basic high performance safety gear. Guess they wouldn't let him race it at a track missing those elements on a car that could potentially run speed/time that needs those extra bits.

It does look fun and Expensive. I'll stick with my 48 Ford coupe and 55 Ford truck. Both daily drivers and my license isn't in danger of going away.

And with a time better than our FJR's - although I have no actually data for mine yet, I do plan to go to a local test & tune night before I change out my tire. I'd be real excited to be in the high 10's

It's really cool how he almost completely loses control of the car and goes off the road when he floors it. Looks like a lot of fun. I wonder if it can go fast in addition to spinning the wheels?