• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Helite Air Vest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been considering a airbag vest to wear over my large jacket. What is the difference between the Hit-Air and the Helite? I want one that has good tailbone and full spine protection as well as keeps the helmet from impacting the collarbone or chest. There are a few to chose from.

I am not familiar with Hit-Air. The Helite has built in back protection that is flexible in normal use but becomes rigid upon inflation. Additionally, I can attest to the vests effectiveness in immobilizing the head and neck when inflated while wearing a full face helmet. I was used for a demo and it was breathtaking.

I have been wearing my Hit-Air every time I ride since 2010. The only time I tested it was when I dropped my bike on the right side and I jumped out of its path and fell on my back. The vest was fully deployed when I hit the ground and didn't feel a thing. The air cylinder is user replaceable and cost me $20.

The Hit-air has a inflation time of 250ms and the Helite is 150ms

I think. Otherwise they are very similar.

Last edited by a moderator: