Fork Cap Cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200cs

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently accomplished an 8000 mile check on my bike and also drained and refilled the forks. During disassembly, the left fork tube cap was damaged due to overtorquing from the factory (you new bike owners may want to have the dealership check yours before you touch it). Anyway, the damage is cosmetic and I do not want to spend 130.00 bucks to repair the factory's mistake. Any body know of a simple cover I can purchase to hide it? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hello everyone,
I recently accomplished an 8000 mile check on my bike and also drained and refilled the forks. During disassembly, the left fork tube cap was damaged due to overtorquing from the factory (you new bike owners may want to have the dealership check yours before you touch it). Anyway, the damage is cosmetic and I do not want to spend 130.00 bucks to repair the factory's mistake. Any body know of a simple cover I can purchase to hide it? Thanks in advance for your replies.
I would look on Ebay and call some junkyards for an FJR with front end damage. The forks will be bent, and hence mostly worthless, but the cap you are talking about should still be in good shape. Unfortunately there are many examples available.

EDIT: You might check out these guys, they are parting uselesspickles bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I hate to say this, but did you loosen the upper triple clamp completely before trying to remove the cap? If you didn't, the cap will appear to be overtorqued. The caps are not that tight from the factory as they rely on the o-ring to seal.

Last edited by a moderator: