fork seal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
My front shocks went from might be developing a leak to where did this puddle on the floor come from in just a couple of days time so now I am trying to find a dealer that has seals in stock for my bike.

Can anyone tell me of a Yamaha shop that would have a fork seal in stack for my 2004.

I have called every dealer within about 150 or more miles from here and no luck.

I'm looking for a place that will overnight them to me.. shipping on my dime isnt a problem.

I tried University motors and a couple more from that list but ran out of time..

Maybe Yamaha is using better seals because nobody seems to stock it anymore.

A couple of places that I called said that they dont even remember ever ordering one.

I finally ran out of time to get it done the way that I wanted so I called a local dealer and had him 3day order it so I can have it done next week.

If I could have scrounged a couple more hours of search time I might have gotten lucky and found a set.

I didnt have the part numbers handy either so I could only check the ones that I could find the phone numbers for and talk to real people.

I didnt get lucky this time but at least by next weekend my bike should be back in shape.

I finished wearing my tires and brakes out in sfo so they will be knew also.

Dunlops new tire.

Vandy

Latest posts