Fork Spool Sliders on ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red2kcbr

Reaction score
Has anyone done research on installing fork spool sliders on the ES? I saw some nice ones by T-Rex.

They certainly fit the '13 and the '14 A models, not sure about the ES.

Neither was the dealer at T-Rex, so any info would be helpful.

They certainly fit the '13 and the '14 A models, not sure about the ES.
Ummmmm....I can't imagine an ES would be different when it comes to sliders....tank bag.....windshield....clutch levers....or about 99.9% of the other things that live nowhere near the suspension bits.
no2.gif

My fault; I wasn't clear on my first inquiry. I'm talking about fork spools that act as sliders, similar to frame sliders.

I'm liking the T-Rex frame sliders, and was wondering about the fork spools. I'm picking up an ES this afternoon, saw the fork spools on their web site.

I'll find out and pass it on.

My fault; I wasn't clear on my first inquiry. I'm talking about fork spools that act as sliders, similar to frame sliders.
I knew that. Again, spools are not near the suspension bit...so going to be the same! I won't even bother checking the fiche on this one, but you can if you want.

Just looked at the front axle sliders to fit my '07 and whilst they do look good and should offer some protection, it seems like the assembly replaces the steel front axle with a 6061 aluminum axle. Just wondering if that's a good idea for a heavy bike like the FJR, especially if ridden hard? Would love to hear opinions from the "folks in the know".

#N64-9F T-Rex Yamaha 2006 to 2012 FJR1300 Front Axle Sliders

N69-13F-2-web.jpg

N69-13F-1-web.jpg

N69-13F-3-web.jpg

Yeah, I guess it may just be me, but I don't get the need for these. If the bike is going so far over that the forks are in danger of hitting the ground, the rest of the bike is likely to be rashed beyond recognition anyway, so...

But I've never been good at spatial reasoning, so perhaps there is a situation where the forks could hit the ground without some other part of the bike eating it first.

I was thinking more of a low speed contact, such as if you're on gravel, etc. the uneven surface might lead to the forks/rotors making contact first.

thanks for the feedback. I'll stick with the T-Rex frame sliders and pass on the fork spools.

I'm finding enough other things to burn money on, lol

Some aux lighting is on my short list.

By the way, there is a listing for a clean '05 in the classifieds, located near Paris, TX