Fork vs Mirror Mount --- PIAA lights???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Wetterling

Reaction score
About to purchase some PIAA 1100x lights for my '08 FJR. Now trying to determine if I should go w/ Fork vs Mirror mounts.

I've heard differing opinions, though limited, hence this post.

Thanks.

Depends if you goal is to be seen...or to see down the road.

To be seen fork mount seems popular.

To see down the road the goal is to have the lights as high as practical to cast light down the road...hence mirror mounting.

Though being seen is good too, my reason for purchase is to see further down the road early mornings for deer, etc.

I also wondered if the fork mounts vibrate a lot more than mirror, since the fork location would be unsprung if i'm using the term correctly. Someone replied to an earlier post of mine on this indicating vibration issues, but like so many things, there often are a lot of opinions that frequently differ.

Appreciate your input. thx.

Have you checked the price on those bulbs? :blink:

Though being seen is good too, my reason for purchase is to see further down the road early mornings for deer, etc.
I also wondered if the fork mounts vibrate a lot more than mirror, since the fork location would be unsprung if i'm using the term correctly. Someone replied to an earlier post of mine on this indicating vibration issues, but like so many things, there often are a lot of opinions that frequently differ.

Appreciate your input. thx.