Forum Member thanks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickster

Reaction score
Just finished some more farkles on the 06 FJR, and wanted to take a minute to thank the forum members for all the info that makes my bike great for me!!

Skyway sliders -- no need to say more.

Skyway tip on "Racer" gloves -- like them.

OHFJR -- great tail rack, works great with the Cortech soft "Sport Tail" bag, and a special thanks for standing behind you product and sending out the Givi reinforcement kit.

FJRRandy for the nicely done plug/play wiring harness -- works as advertised! fits well.

Warchild -- excellent tech site and got my farkle power (relay by left mirror with power strip)

Iggy for the pre-purchase checklist and the bin-o-facts, got YES through D&H without getting gouged.

Toecutter (i think) for the "pin the hardbags on the mount" picture -- "safe at any speed" if it wasn't TC -- thanks to whoever posted the pic... did it, feel better now -- even with loctited key hardware

Gary McCoy (University Motors)-- great contact, made several purchases already (Nolan flip X-lite helmet, etc.)

Too many others to mention -- like ionbeam for the disable the ABS wiring help.

Forum members in general:

Stebel 80's at a cheap price.

Garmin 2730 (almost nirvana for a bike GPS, only if it worked with the XM Weather NexRad radar overlays -- it would be perfect)

Sidi on-road sympatech (first pair of actually waterproof boots that work)

Mirror vibe fix (no probs now)

A good start i think... -- like the AE model very much, and just wanted to give a thanks to this forum for making my first FJR experience really awesome.

Have riden a good bit (since '83), but never on a S/Tourer -- now im converted.

I've riden an Aprilia Mille since 99 (still have it), a CBR1100XX '97 to 2000, DR-Z400s '2001, CBR600s (F, F2, F3) since 1990, Honda 650 NH '85 to '90), but really enjoy the FJR now (maybe i'm just gettin older and wiser).

The bike coupled with all the good info here has really made it a wonderful experience for me, without the forum -- don't know that I'd be as happy with the bike and farkles.

Thanks again!

Rick (Troy, AL)

:rolleyes: I'll second that, as the folks on this board have been a wealth of information to me!

What is this:

"Toecutter (i think) for the "pin the hardbags on the mount" picture -- "safe at any speed" if it wasn't TC -- thanks to whoever posted the pic... did it, feel better now -- even with loctited key hardware"

You speak of ???

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this:..."pin the hardbags on the mount"..."safe at any speed"...with loctited key hardware"...You speak of ???
Someone will be along with the link. When you stand with the hardbag in hand, you can see the rectangular rubber mount just above the exhaust. The bottom of the bag has two tabs that go over the rubber mount. Some person put the hardbag on then drilled through the tabs and the rubber mount then put a fastener through the hole. Bags can't come off accidentally. Last I heard the jury was still out as to this possibly causing the hardcase to stress crack or break. Dunno if this will work on a Gen II FJR, the mount has changed.

Rick,

What is the "Mirror Vibe Fix". I missed that discussion. I have an '06 and have vibration in my right mirror only. Any suggestions or remedies would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

fjrgoodie

Someone will be along with the link. When you stand with the hardbag in hand, you can see the rectangular rubber mount just above the exhaust. The bottom of the bag has two tabs that go over the rubber mount. Some person put the hardbag on then drilled through the tabs and the rubber mount then put a fastener through the hole. Bags can't come off accidentally. Last I heard the jury was still out as to this possibly causing the hardcase to stress crack or break. Dunno if this will work on a Gen II FJR, the mount has changed.
Did it on Frank, no worries as to breakage. Just settle the bag in as it would normally ride before ya drill, and don't use a max diameter pin, just a loose fit as insurance, not a hard mount device.

Rick,
What is the "Mirror Vibe Fix". I missed that discussion. I have an '06 and have vibration in my right mirror only. Any suggestions or remedies would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

fjrgoodie
You pull the plug wires from the cylinders on the vibe side, all better. No, really! Read me

:p

What is this:
"Toecutter (i think) for the "pin the hardbags on the mount" picture -- "safe at any speed" if it wasn't TC -- thanks to whoever posted the pic... did it, feel better now -- even with loctited key hardware"

You speak of ???
Here it is, the "No Bag Left Behind" fix (1/4 x 2" clip pin):
DSC01319.jpg

I found it easier to drill the frame tang from the inside with the bag on and rear wheel off. YMMV.

Rad has either got a photographic memory or he is hardwired to the super-computer authority. He pulls these pics and post links at will faster than John Wayne could pull a six-shooter.

Rad has either got a photographic memory or he is hardwired to the super-computer authority. He pulls these pics and post links at will faster than John Wayne could pull a six-shooter.

Nah, he's just the only one who has figger'd out the search engine here. :blink:

Nah, he's just the only one who has figger'd out the search engine here. :blink:
Plus, in a relatively fair contest, if you exclude all of the alcohol consumed and the, uh, what's the word, predilections of Warchild, Rad was found to have the best mammary. Having seen the snapshots, I wouldn't describe Rad's mammary as "photographic", however.

Nah, he's just the only one who has figger'd out how to read the instructions. :blink:

I found it easier to drill the frame tang from the inside with the bag on and rear wheel off. YMMV.
Drilling from the outside, with the tire on, leaves some people flat. :yahoo:
My method (no rear wheel pull, and no flat -ymmv): Pull the bag off, pull off the rubber piece, and mark where the 1/4" hole will go (pencil or something.) Re-install the bags, and mark the bottom bag tang.

Remove the bag -- through drill both tangs from the inside (more clearance for the drill chuck)

Re-install the bag -- match drill the rubber cover (I didn't drill through any of the metal bracket -- just below where the existing hole is.

viola... (I put black shrink over the pin's bail to make sure it won't mark anything or rattle) stick in the pin.

I drill mine with a little larger bit than the 1/4 inch pin--- makes it go on easier since the bags shift a bit, and close tolerance makes for a pain getting the holes lined up.

Also, check to make sure the rubbers were not installed upside down. They are not square... one end is narrower than the other. Pull one off and stick it in the slot on the bag and you'll see what I mean. I found out the hard way, after I failed to notice the mechanic screwed up... now one rubber has 2 holes in it.

B)