Forum Upgrades this weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
Well everyone. given all the things that have been going on lately (the hacking and the virus), we're upgrading to a new version of the forum software this weekend.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Jeff from Sportbike Effects, and Ignacio for making the donations which paid for our upgrade, and a lifetime license for future upgrades! Sportbike Effects will be recieving a banner on the new forum, for sure. Ignacio just gets the wonderful prize of putting up with us!

Now for the (quasi) bad part. Over the weekend (starting on Friday as I'm taking a long weekend) the forum may be inaccessable/quarky/odd-looking or all around useless. The new forum software does not support any of our current skins, modifications, and custom code. I'll have to do these all over from scratch, and the look proabaly won't be the same (exactly). We will be more secure, however, and hopefully will put this hacking business behind us.

If you're needing any posts for this weekend, I'd print them now. Make sure you're in contact (other than the forum) with anyone you're planning on riding with.

He's a nice guy that BikeEffects!! Looking forward to the new format.

slapnpop - Please don't forget that there are other members here who would also like to contribute. Did anything ever come of the tee-shirt, sticker, hat thingy?

I'll be riding for the coming weekend, the weather is finally turning here in CA. :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

It's one of my hopes that once we get on the straight and narrow with the software manufacturer and to the latest version....that it would be easier for future updates.

I'd like to thank Jeff of Sportbikeeffect.com myself. I happened to call him up and order an Autocom when we had our hacker friend blowing away topics and he was jonesing as bad as I was for access. When I mentioned that we were going to find some way of purchasing the software--he volunteered to pick up over half the cost.

:clap: :clap: :clap: to Jeff. Besides being a good business to work with you've been a great contributor to the forum.

As for me chucking some money? Well, Slap is partly right that I should pay to have the honor to just hang around. The truth is a little bit more intriguing. I figure with paying for software I can be less guilt ridden about spying on Skooterg. You may all not know this, but he's worried I'm going to threaten his SPANK Rally 2006standing....which he would be right. Keeping an eye on him as an admin will pay dividends when he tries to get me to eat the bad shrimp the night before at Casa del Diablo Mexican Restaurant.

Good luck Slap.

slapnpop - Please don't forget that there are other members here who would also like to contribute.  Did anything ever come of the tee-shirt, sticker, hat thingy?
Same here - what's up wit dat? eh?

Would like to help support the forum - you guys like cigars and scotch? :D

slapnpop - Please don't forget that there are other members here who would also like to contribute. Did anything ever come of the tee-shirt, sticker, hat thingy?
I haven't forgotten that. I've been busy with work, and trying to scout EOM routes in my spare time. I was planning on doing forum shirts at the same time I do shirts for EOM, which should be in the next couple months. I may make the forum shirts a higher priority, though...

slapnpop - Please don't forget that there are other members here who would also like to contribute.  Did anything ever come of the tee-shirt, sticker, hat thingy?
++1

Heck, I'd by 'FJR-scout' cookies if you got'em. - this forum has been one of the many postive parts of owning the FJR

[aside from the obvious benefits like "acceleration therapy," etc.]

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just ordered shirts and caps for my business and get good quality (not paper thin crap) stuff. I could take this to my guy to see what he can do for us if you like. (the price may be slightly higher for an intial set up fee these prices already include my setup)

I orderd osha orange for my workers but the price is the same reguardless of color. My prices so you can compare in your area:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin - I'm not 100% sure how you want thses decorated so I have included a couple of different options.

Call me if you have questions. Paul

Gildan 6.1 oz T-shirts (Grey, Orange)

(s-xl) 2-color imprint on 1 side - $6.75, 2 colors on 2 sides - $8.15

add $1.50 for XXL and $1.75 for 3XL

Jerzees high-cotton 10oz Hooded sweatshirt w pockets (colors to be determined)

(s-xl) 2 color imprint on 1 side - $18.25, 2 colors on 2 sides - $19.65

add $2.50 for XXL and $2.75 for 3XL

Caps (color to be determined)

(12) Adams Fit-Rite with J&K logo embroidered - $8.95

*the pricing for the T-shirts and sweatshirts is based on a total of 37 units combined (you requested 36, but the next price break is at 37, so you'll be saving about $15 by getting one additional T-shirt)

production time - about two weeks

++1

Heck, I'd by 'FJR-scout' cookies if you got'em. - this forum has been one of the many postive parts of owning the FJR

[aside from the obvious benefits like "acceleration therapy," etc.]

D.
+1!

Is there any truth to the rumour that with the new software TWN's post count will go backwards? :D

I haven't forgotten that. I've been busy with work, and trying to scout EOM routes in my spare time. I was planning on doing forum shirts at the same time I do shirts for EOM, which should be in the next couple months. I may make the forum shirts a higher priority, though...
Monogrammed, Egyptian cotton pinpoint button downs, please. French cuffs, thank you. Of course, a silk or baldachin ascot, would finish things off rather nicely, wot?

Set the fox and release the hounds! Cheerio!

Thank you for the mention Slapnpop and Ignacio. The truth of the matter is, that you guys do the heavy lifting around here and should be commended. You have my personal thanks and, of course, free drink coupons in Reno. MINI-HIGHJACK: Speaking of Reno, I am in Reno now on day one of nine to travel through southern Utah and Northern Arizona. The FJR is running flawlessly!

Any forum rebuild is heroic... doing it on a weekend is.... well... it's insane, really, but I'm sure glad you're doing it. If there's a way for us lowly sharecroppers to help or contribute please let us know.

Loved the message while the change was being made-"Update in progress-Go Ride!"

I laughed, yes I did!

To all the admins

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you, for being so dedicated to the joy of owning an FJR. This site is a wealth of knowledge, and without people like you it could not be shared.

Dave :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Slap, how about putting up a site where we can do a PayPal donation? I for one am more than willing to do this as this site is worth its weight in gold!

Grumpy jim