Found a dealer who has Autocom for $259

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also noticed the Autocom's recent price reduction and was a little annoyed that I had paid full price for my Pro AVi a few months ago. I emailed Autocom and suggested it would be good customer relations if they offered customers a credit as Apple did when they reduced the price of the iphone. Autocom was not interested in keeping this customer happy. I suspose I should have listened to this forum more and bought a Starcom!

I also noticed the Autocom's recent price reduction and was a little annoyed that I had paid full price for my Pro AVi a few months ago. I emailed Autocom and suggested it would be good customer relations if they offered customers a credit as Apple did when they reduced the price of the iphone. Autocom was not interested in keeping this customer happy. I suspose I should have listened to this forum more and bought a Starcom!

I suppose it would serve them right if you had. But you didn't have a crystal ball and at the time you believed the price to 'be right'. Besides, they already got your money. This isn't exactly a commodity they're discussing. After all, how many bike intercom systems does one buy?

Actually, I seem to recall reading that Autocom is clearing out the series to make way for the new models - not so different from the half price sale they had last yar on the '7' series. So the prices likely aren't specific to that dealer. However the Autocom web site is down is down right now so I can't verify that.

However if you'd really like to 'teach then a lesson', you can give me your Autocom and buy yourself a Starcom to replace it.

I would be willing to accept the donation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the price on these go up? $450 for the super pro duo is about what I paid from Keith a year ago, doesn't seem like a sale to me.

Yep, Bram's right. They 50% priced the Active 7 a coupla years ago when the current models came out. Will be interested to see what they come up with.

But V65 is right too, the prices seem the same?!?! :blink:

-BD

I suppose it would serve them right if you had. But you didn't have a crystal ball and at the time you believed the price to 'be right'. Besides, they already got your money. This isn't exactly a commodity they're discussing. After all, how many bike intercom systems does one buy?

Actually, I seem to recall reading that Autocom is clearing out the series to make way for the new models - not so different from the half price sale they had last yar on the '7' series. So the prices likely aren't specific to that dealer. However the Autocom web site is down is down right now so I can't verify that.

However if you'd really like to 'teach then a lesson', you can give me your Autocom and buy yourself a Starcom to replace it.

While being annoyed with Autocom about the price reduction (The current price for the Super Pro AVi is $330 on the Autocam website), I am not so annoyed that I am willing to donate it what I am sure is a good cause Bamfrank!! :blum:

I did some more checking. It seems that the only change is to Port #1 on the Active and Pro. This is a 4-contact port, of which the 4th contact has not been used. The intent of the original design was to use the 4th contact to power an optional Bluetooth Receiver for your cell. Now that the Bluetooth Receiver has been introduced (Part #1273), the new Autocoms will be coming with this modification already made to Port #1. According to Autocom USA, that is the only change other than the names will now be Active-Rider2 and Pro-AVi2 in order to distinguish the newer models from the current models.

If you've been wanting to Bluetooth your phone to your Autocom, then the new model makes sense. If you don't care to use your cell, or if using a cable instead of BT to connect your phone is OK with you, then you can save a bunch o'dough. Ultimately, it's your call. But this is not a wholesale model change like when they blew out their Pro-7 models. It's an update.