Fox Creek Leather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I just ordered a Vented Racing Jacket by Fox Creek Leather. I've wanted one for some time, but the price has made me hold off. I have read that Fox Creek makes the best leather products anywhere, so I guess I'll soon find out. Then the other day I received an email from them stating this jacket is on sale, so I though what the heck. Why couldn't I need yet another jacket living just this side of Hell. And with summer just around the corner, I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of a leather jacket of this caliber.

I like how (like a Russell seat), these jackets are semi-custom made. I have tried several leather motorcycle jackets only to have them way too tight around my arms. Anyone out there own or have owned a Fox Creek jacket?

My Commander style jacket is just about finish its third season, and I have only positive things to say about it. As most reviewers have noted, it is noticeably heavier than most jackets, but the weight disappears when you are riding. I switch over to a fabric jacket for the really hot months. WBill

I have THIS Fox Creek Vented Racing Jacket, literally.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/leather-mot...ycle-jacket.htm

I purchased the reviewed jacket directly from WebBikeWorld about 2 yrs ago when they were having their usual sale of reviewed items.

The jacket is fantastic. You will not regret owning one. It's incredibly heavy, but soft, supple....just the best jacket leather I've personally seen. The quality of stitching and every aspect about it is wonderful. Even with the vents in this particular jacket, it is not something I wear when it's hot outside. It's too thick and heavy for me to wear when it's hot, but I suppose for extended highway driving, with all of the vents open, it's possible. You'd fry if you stop in traffic, though....but honestly, that depends upon how sensitive you are to heat. I wear mine in early Spring or Fall. Once it hits above 75F, I'm wearing my Cortech GX Air Mesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you order a Fox Creek jacket you supply them with chest and stomach measurement, pick one of many different styles, regular or tall, throw in your weight and height and finally choose between snap or laced waist fasteners and zippered or snap pockets.

I almost bought a Dainese New Delmar, but the sleeves are too tight around my arms it feels too restrictive and are pretty expensive. Frank Thomas makes a nice jacket that fits me better in the arms. AlpineStars is a good jacket, but I think they have anorexic riders in mind, because I can barely get my arms through it to try it on, then it turns inside out to get it off. The guy at the store acted a bit perturbed at me like I was going to hurt his jacket.

Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait for it to arrive. I should have it by next Friday.

I guess I was just lucky to have my WebBikeWorld Fox Creek Leather jacket fit me perfectly. I must be about the same build as the editor...poor bastard!

It is an awesome jacket, far superior to most others on the market. I have the vented racing jacket as well with custom embroidery on the back and silver ykk zippers. It's extremely thick and will do wonders if an accident should occur (hopefully not). Very heavy but once riding not bad.

I actually have to sell mine since I lost weight, its too big now. 48L

Chris

I added shoulder and elbow pads to my Commander from a worn out Cor Tec jacket. They were a tight fit.

Since the waterproof Aerostitch leathers came out, though I am wondering if they might be a step up. WBill

Bought my Vented Racing Jacket in November of last year and still LOVE IT. Heavy duty, supple and high quality.

The only thing I have to add is it's not as rain resistant as some would have you believe. It's leather, not GoreTex. Using the heavy-duty treatments will make it pretty resistant to light rain but it will never be waterproof. To my knowledge, the only waterproof leather is Aerostich's Transit Suit.

Of course, given your location, rain is probably not a concern to you.

I have a full set of Fox Creek leathers. The first jacket I got was a bit big , they took it back with no problem . They have wonderful customer service, and an outstanding product. I have the Black Rock jacket , which they've discontinued .

I received my Fox Creek Vented Racing Jacket a few days ago. It fits perfect! Really high quality leather. I ordered a 50L and it fits perfect everywhere, including the arms. I have not worn it riding as of yet, but will be soon to try it out. Just the weight and the feel of the leather has me convinced I will be totally comfortable in this jacket.