Frame slider highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leclairk

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to jump on the chance when Bill listed his set of frame sliders with Leo Drolet highway pegs. Went for a ride today to give em a test. THEY ARE AWESOME!!! Perfect location. Comfortable. Easy to find. Great price. I don't get it, whats the catch? Am I missing something? Why are there not more of these available? I know Leo doesn't make them anymore but why hasn't someone started making them. People may argue that having something sticking out that far when you go down may bend your frame. Do you really think your bike won't be totaled if you go down at significant speed anyway? I guess maybe there is a chance you could bend the frame if you dropped the bike at low speed? Maybe ugly? If I figure out a way to post a picture I will. I love these pegs and will REALLY love them on long trips.

Leo's were made for Motovation sliders. There are all kinds of TOG's on the market so it would be diffilcult to make a one size fitls all would be my guess. I made my own from a broomstick and pipe insulation. Best thing on the bike going to EOM slabbing it on the highway two up there and back. After getting off the bike from doing 500 to 700 miles days I felt no pain in my knees.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I read about those slider mounted pegs years ago and made up a set of thinwall tubing pegs to try out that riding position:

highway_pegs.jpg

That's a rubbery shrink tubing on the pipe section that sticks out of the slider. It was really nice to give my legs a way to stretch out by resting my calves on the pegs. It's also nice to rest my heels on the pegs and then rest my elbows on my legs while tooling down the highway.

Leo was kind enough to make me a custom set to fit my oddball sliders. They don't get used much because I only use them on long trips on the freeway with minimal traffic. I'm just not comfortable having my legs out there in traffic where it's likely I'll need to dodge some idiot cager.

Not sure if the pics are still in this thread because my firewall at work blocks most from appearing, but here's one I bookmarked:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t101963.html

Latest posts